Sail and Sign account errors.

groundloop

I'm curious how big of a problem there is with charges showing up on sail-n-sign accounts that were in error.

I've been on 4 cruises since the restart and have had charges show up on my account two times that weren't mine.  On or most recent cruise (a week ago on Valor) out of three sail-n-sign accounts in our group two had incorrect charges that had to be dealt with.  The folks at guest services got the problems fixed each time, but geez, I really shouldn't have to take time out of my vacation to fix problems created by other people's mistakes.  

If my recent experience is any indication I'd guess that this is a pretty big issue.  I'm convinced that a lot of the problems are caused when servers get in a hurry writing down folio numbers with pen and paper, seems like it would save a lot of time and headache if Carnival would get them a portable scanner to read sail-n-sign cards.

• Like 1

In almost 20 years of sailing with CCL, its happened a couple of times overall.  I am a stickler when it comes to all my charges (yes, I am the the person in the grocery store that knows every price on my purchases and will stop the cashier if something is amiss) and track my statements regularly. 

It is a 100% the account owners obligation to check it while on cruise and go straight to GS if something appears off.  Much harder to take care of once you leave the ship (my view).  GS has been efficient and always taken care of any error on my statement in the couple of times it happened.  

Edited by Drazil65

Been on 2 cruises post covid, and both times my S&S were correct with no errors (expect for some missing OBC that I had to deal with GS with).

In the 2-3 years pre-covid, I was about 50% of the time I would have some kind of error during the cruise.  And anytime I went to GS, they treated me like a thief and liar.  "Are you sure you didn't make it"  ...  " we will investigate it, but if it was you, you will have to pay it"  ..  And it wasn't like I had a huge tab or anything, as I would only drink 1 drink a day, so it was pretty easy for me to spot fraudulent transactions on my account.

Usually every cruise. Sometimes they self-correct themselves 1-2 days later. Sometimes I have to go to guest services. Usually the ones that fix themselves are bar purchases, while for some reason, I always get charged for towels from the lido deck despite never getting one there and always using/returning the room towel.

Edited by BigAfts

On December cruise on Vista it was a mess. I had two incorrect charges and my wife has one. Also charged for the waters in both rooms even though neither had been touched. Very frustrating standing in the VERY long GC line on the last evening with everyone else that had been mischarged. I definitely wondered if it was intentional or not (in the case of the waters, I think it was intentional). 

3 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Use the app and keep a close eye on the ball😉

Well, yes, I'd guess that most of the people here who have experienced problems have found the issues after reviewing their account on the Hub App.  I most certainly did.  The thing is that Carnival shouldn't be making these mistakes in the first place, and we shouldn't have to waste our vacation time getting them corrected.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, groundloop said:

Well, yes, I'd guess that most of the people here who have experienced problems have found the issues after reviewing their account on the Hub App.  I most certainly did.  The thing is that Carnival shouldn't be making these mistakes in the first place, and we shouldn't have to waste our vacation time getting them corrected.

True Dat. Carnival hired a bunch of new crews before the restart. Inexperienced, undertrained and understaffed. Some are experienced in manipulation, had a friend that had to remove a 30 dollar tip on one drink years back.

Please!  There are thousands of people that pass through on these ships weekly, bound to be some issues if you are realistic.  It happens everyday in every industry (grocery stores, medical invoices, retail business, coffee places, hotels, the banks (yes, even the bank statements need to be looked at) and they dont have thousands of people passing through weekly. 

Stay on top of your obligations and you wont be caught off guard. 🙄

• Like 1

In all of the cruises I've been on - I had this happen once. Like some have said - look at your account every couple of days. NEVER wait until the last evening to check your account, otherwise you will be in a long line. For those that state this should never happen - it must be nice to be perfect. Even scanners can read an incorrect number, or spit out the wrong info. 

6 hours ago, groundloop said:

Where, when, how have you never seen a mistake made whether it be human error or computer error or such.

It happens. We don’t live in a “perfect” society. Better off rolling with the punches than worry about wasting time on vacation.

There is NO perfect vacation. Something always goes not according to plan.

• Like 1