Extra Costs for Children while on-board Encore

Ray4Fun

We heard from a friend that the on-board costs associated with kids activities on-board are substantially more expensive on NCL than that other huge ship company. Anyone have experiences with 12 - 14 year olds on the Encore? IE, Rock wall is free, tildes are free, zip line is free on other line. I heard it is several hundred extra for the fun things on Encore. True? False? Advice appreciated.

Laser tag costs, go karts cost, the virtual reality games cost. It can add up fast. There's unlimited options, but those are hundreds each. 

The teen room is free, slides are free, pool of course. But yea the cool things kids likely want to do on the ship cost money. 

35 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Besides go carts and laser tag, what else costs money on NCL that is free on other lines? 

It's not an apples to apples comparison. Like the OP mentioned, Royal has rock climbing walls, zip lines, flow riders, full putt putt courses (NCL is shrinking), sports court (shrinking or deleting). 

The beef I have with NCL is how much space they've taken up with premium areas that are not included with the cost of the cruise. The Haven, Vibe, Racetrack, Laser tag, etc. Don't think I'll cruise NCL with the kids again, and not without the Haven (Bliss next week w/wife). And Royal is my preferred with the kids.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hutcha said:

It's not an apples to apples comparison. Like the OP mentioned, Royal has rock climbing walls, zip lines, flow riders, full putt putt courses (NCL is shrinking), sports court (shrinking or deleting). 

The beef I have with NCL is how much space they've taken up with premium areas that are not included with the cost of the cruise. The Haven, Vibe, Racetrack, Laser tag, etc. Don't think I'll cruise NCL with the kids again, and not without the Haven (Bliss next week w/wife). And Royal is my preferred with the kids.

I agree that go-carts and laser tag is a huge waste of space for activities that folks would probably just use once if at all, and I’d never take my family in a ship without a sports court, but the majority of NCL ships are fine, we’ve been on 4 with no extra fees for the activities that had sports courts. I’ll avoid the few ships with these extras.