Disembarkation onboard, or at port, testing on anthem of the seas

Clovis8

Now that we only need antigen testing to get home, I am hoping to fly back on disembarkation day. Does anyone know if Anthem has onboard, or at port, testing for rapid antigen that I can get free or pay for on the last day of my cruise at the end of march to be able to fly home?

Edited by Clovis8

• Clovis8 changed the title to Disembarkation onboard, or at port, testing on anthem of the seas

I'd dig as deep as you can get on the RCL web page and if you cannot find sufficient information call the customer information 800 number.  If you use a TA contact them and hopefully they are up to date.  It will depend on where your disembark port is and that countries rule/regulations on what they require for entry as well.  Generally speaking though a lot of the lines have pushed the disembark testing to the dock.  As part of that they are putting the cost of testing on to the passenger as well.  Not all though.  That tightens up your timing for testing and results.  We are seriously looking at getting the Switch Health certified antigen test and taking them with us.  Buy a days worth of internet and do the test via internet when you please.  Only issue here would be ships wifi and internet speeds which seem to be very unstable most of the time.  As things continue to morph who knows what will be in place in March😄

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean's policy for US cruises:

Optional testing to satisfy your International Re-Entry Testing requirement is offered just outside the terminal after you disembark the ship, through our test provider partners. The cost of testing is the responsibility of the guest, and varies depending on the port, with antigen tests starting at $99 and PCR tests starting at $130. Either test is “swab and go,” and results will be emailed to you within an hour after testing. Once onboard, you will receive further guidance on how to schedule a test appointment.

• You can also make your own arrangements with test providers at the airport, or in the area of the port, such as local pharmacies or clinics.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ALD18 said:

I'd dig as deep as you can get on the RCL web page and if you cannot find sufficient information call the customer information 800 number.  If you use a TA contact them and hopefully they are up to date.  It will depend on where your disembark port is and that countries rule/regulations on what they require for entry as well.  Generally speaking though a lot of the lines have pushed the disembark testing to the dock.  As part of that they are putting the cost of testing on to the passenger as well.  Not all though.  That tightens up your timing for testing and results.  We are seriously looking at getting the Switch Health certified antigen test and taking them with us.  Buy a days worth of internet and do the test via internet when you please.  Only issue here would be ships wifi and internet speeds which seem to be very unstable most of the time.  As things continue to morph who knows what will be in place in March😄

I was wondering about those US tele-tests. First can a Canadian order and use them and second would they be accepted for flying back to Canada?