M&M Party - What to expect?

I was just curious about the M&M parties/get togethers. Tell me tell me! Will there be music? Door prizes? Am I just getting way too excited?

What was your M&M party like?

I think the success of a Meet and Mingle depends entirely on the participants. So far, I have been to 2 M&M's the first one on the Radiance.....we had been on the boards for almost a year chatting with eachother on a daily basis, so by the time we finally met - we felt as if we already knew eachother! :D That M&M was a lot of fun. There is an RCI rep that hosts the event which lasts about an hour. There is a plate of hors d'ouevres available and yes, there were some door prizes given away. That being said, my M&M on the AOS last month was as bit of a different experience. There were about 15 of us that showed up - and although we had chatted a bit on the boards, it wasn't like it was for my Radiance cruise. In any case, I had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone from CC. At this M&M there were NO prizes at all given away - which actually surprised me - not sure if this is the new trend?

Maybe someone that has been to a M&M within the past few weeks can comment?

One thing I have to add. If you register for a Meet and Mingle - make every effort to attend! RCI takes the time to organize it and provide us with food, drink etc....the least we can do is show up :)

I was just curious about the M&M parties/get togethers. Tell me tell me! Will there be music? Door prizes? Am I just getting way too excited?

What was your M&M party like?

I think ours will be non-exisent...only 4 signed up and I think we're related to them...:( :( :(

the only one we have attended was pretty boring! But, depends on the participants Im sure! There was supposed to be hordoruves, but the cruise director "hid" them in a corner (on a rolling cart) when it was apparent that not everyone was showing, then never brought them out! The cruise director and his assistant told a few interesting stories as everyone there just sat and stared at each other! The conversation came to a very uncomfortable halt, and we decided to leave, but not before getting a few hordorves off that cart we saw in it's hiding place!!:)

HappyCruiser

I've been to many, many meet/mingles. They are definitely what you make of them. Don't expect too much. I've always had door prizes given out. Usually, the loyalty ambassador will come and sometimes the CD...we've even had the captain show up on one ship:D . Definitely sign up for them and start talking to each other before your cruise date. When the date is finally here, go and don't just show up to the lounge (usually Viking Crown) and sit. Introduce yourself, talk to each other, let the party begin and then you will finally get to put a face with all the personalities you've been talking with on the cc board.

Smooth sailing

Linda

Hi, We've been to three M&M's. One on the Maasdam which we organized ourselves through cruise critic. The other two were with RCL. Those were great -- snacks, games, fun. Great way to meet your fellow travelers. I do believe the best was on the Empress of the Seas.

Archived