Princess boarding

johnritt

On 2/25/2022 at 8:33 PM, Mike45LC said:

JF, I have read a few people's posts saying that there will be a carry-on baggage check area on board, but I have never seen one on a Princess ship and I do not think any of the people posting about such a baggage check area actually had personal knowledge of one on a Princess ship.  I have always had to take care of my own carry-ons until I was able to put them in the cabin.

Assigned boarding time does not necessarily mean cabins will be open. In our experience we have been able to drop cabin bags in the cabin, even if steward has not finished his tasks. Other times the cabin has been ready with no issue. We have seen a bag drop in one of the public rooms for those whose cabins are not ready. Not something we would consider, but each to their own.

This is one of the ‘better than’  Royal Caribbean comparisons.

2 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

caribill:  Any idea when, for my cruise 3/23, will I see options for arrival times?

I'm on that sailing and was able to pick my arrival time a month ago.  On the app, go under your travel checklist and select Arrival and Departure groups.  You have to select the cruise and then it will pop up.

WendyVF -- Thank you for your response!!   I found out how to do it only a few hours ago....I was searching for info on Sanctuary and found a YouTube video by Princess of that area, and then I found a video by a TA about her tour of Sanctuary.  Then I noticed she also had a Dec 2021 video about using the Medallion App!   So I watched it and she explained how to choose Arrival Group!!   1st hour was unavailable, but I got the 2nd full hour, since we are driving to the port from TN.

YOU are on the same cruise as we are on -- on Emerald?  Great.  On a social media Emerald Group page I have found some others.    

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

20 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

WendyVF -- Thank you for your response!!   I found out how to do it only a few hours ago....I was searching for info on Sanctuary and found a YouTube video by Princess of that area, and then I found a video by a TA about her tour of Sanctuary.  Then I noticed she also had a Dec 2021 video about using the Medallion App!   So I watched it and she explained how to choose Arrival Group!!   1st hour was unavailable, but I got the 2nd full hour, since we are driving to the port from TN.

YOU are on the same cruise as we are on -- on Emerald?  Great.  On a social media Emerald Group page I have found some others.    

Glad you found it.  I'm on the FB page too.  My late husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary on the Emerald in 2009.  That was the only time I've sailed on Princess.  I'm travelling with friends this time and they picked this trip.  Look forward to seeing you onboard!