Passenger Makeup- Just Curious

blackfoot

We are a well traveled couple in our late 50's who retired early. We are new to cruising with only one cruise to date and enjoy the experiance we had.Sea Dream looks very interesting because of their high standards, and being informal.

I guess I am wondering what the "typical" Sea Dream client is like: is it a younger group(40's) and would we fit in.I would appreciate your comments.

Best Regards

I can only speak for my experience on board the SeaDream II in November last year. We are in our late 30's. We were not the youngest by far. There were also couples in their 70's, 80's, and one gent in his 90's. However, most people were in their 40's and 50's (with the 40's being more numerous). You will have no problem fitting in! :D

As for passenger makeup ... I can't say ... I don't wear makeup!! :rolleyes:

If you go over school holidays, you may well find couples with small children or teenagers, as well as extended families.

At any time, you could find affiliated groups booking up to a significant fraction of the ship. Groups tend to stay together, eat together and are generally unavailable to mix with the rest of the pasengers.

If this is an issue for you, I would highly recommend talking (or have your travel agent make the call) to SD to find out if there are any groups already booked at the same time that you want to go.

SeaDream is a great choice for almost everyone. I am in my late 40s - and took my parents who were in their 80s on SeaDream for Thanksgiving. We all had a great time. I think it is less about age - more about people who want excellent service in an elegant setting in a casual environment. You will fit in.

My wife and I had our first SD cruise, SD1 left St. Thomas on Jan 8, and passengers for the most part tended to be in their 40's but plenty in 50's and 60's. Just two kids in the early teens. I agree, you should be able to find some compatible people on board.

Thank you for you help, I'm thinking about booking a back to back med cruise.We tried Oceania and really enjoyed it and think that Seadream looks even better for us. We have high standards but we are casual so that rules out many choices. I appreciate your encouragement!

Archived