Recent Adventure Ocean Experiences?

Hi all! We are considering a cruise on an Oasis class ship for spring break with our kids ages 6 and 8. Historically they have LOVED Ocean Adventure. I read several reports over the holidays of terrible AO experiences (extremely limited availability, kids made to stay in a circle and not interact, etc.). That, coupled with the huge Covid surge put us off for a spring break cruise.

With Covid subsiding and pretty good spring break pricing, we are considering booking. Can anyone comment on whether the Adventure Ocean situation has improved in the last few months? Any other input on recent cruising with kids in this age range sincerely appreciated as well!

If it makes a difference, both kids will be fully vaccinated. Thank you!

I imagine it varies by ship, so hopefully people will chime in with experience from Oasis class in particular.

We recently did a three-day on Navigator and the kids were allowed to play and interact (masked). However, the capacity was very limited for us and we were only guaranteed one three-hour time slot for the entire cruise. It was a huge bummer. If similar things are happening on Oasis class I imagine you might get two or even three guaranteed reservations. We had the option to try to wait “standby” for other sessions in the hopes that kids would be no-shows, but there were always 20+ kids waiting and maybe one or two (sometimes none) would get in. Then you would see these poor kids turned away and sobbing because they couldn’t get in. It was really sad. 

We won’t be cruising again until these capacity limits are removed. It was a small number of kids per session, I think 20 per age group, and there were two age groups since some were combined. So 40 kids ages 3-11 got to go to AO per session (three sessions per day; 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10). 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your recent experience-that’s kind of what I was afraid of. I’m hoping with restrictions easing so much the kids clubs will be better for spring break, but as with everything else we will need to be prepared for a modified experience if we choose to book.

Does anyone else have recent experience they can share?