Iron and Ironing board

Bubba#1

Lois - I agree if I could get it back that day but you have to do it two days in advance and it's usually close to $5.00 or so. (women's clothes) I just try not to take things that wrinkle that much! You have to send it out before 9am which for me means the night before and you don't get it back before the end of the next day. I did use the laundry facilities during my baltic cruise and although it took some planning, it was really nice to have things freshly laundered and delivered to your room.

Hi, I guess small fee is all opinion. If I need something pressed I don't

think it is much more than I pay here at home.

I know there has been a list on here (somewhere)of what the actual

fees are for laundry...pressing only...etc. Pressing only..I had a

pants and top pressed...if memory serves it was only about 3.25 and

that was for same day service. I remember....I needed it back

for an afternoon event. It was worth the money too.

So I think it would have only been 1.75 for next day service.

As for self-serve laundry, I would never use it.

Lois:

You asked and here it is.....the link. I do things on the ship rather than home because I find them comparable to my cleaners at home. I would never use a laundry on the ship but I will say that once we stayed in a hotel one night post cruise that had a laundry room adjacent to the pool. I did all the laundry before we got home and just went back and forth from the pool. What a great feeling.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000A9qT5hci6Q7VmwJY6G_IEaq:1028etmk3?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Sure they permit irons. They just don't provide them. Used my travel iron many times.

Celebrity, along with most cruise lines does not permit irons as a fire hazard and an electrical overload problem. Just the fact that you have used yours and no one said anything does not mean they are not supposed to be there.

If we are talking fire hazards being a worry. Lets all complain about the guests that are allowed to smoke in their staterooms. Not only is it a severe hazard especially if they smoke in bed but it smells up the staterooms and leaves health hazards for all of us non-smokers.

An Iron is only as unsafe as its "user". Be responsible, use your little steam iron and enjoy your trip.

I have personally used my Iron for years when cruising. I iron every item before leaving home and then just "touch up" when using the items.

Good Luck..........

Spray sounds like a good option however and I will definitely give it a try......

thanks for the suggestion........

travelinro:D

If we are talking fire hazards being a worry. Lets all complain about the guests that are allowed to smoke in their staterooms. Not only is it a severe hazard especially if they smoke in bed but it smells up the staterooms and leaves health hazards for all of us non-smokers.

An Iron is only as unsafe as its "user". Be responsible, use your little steam iron and enjoy your trip.

I have personally used my Iron for years when cruising. I iron every item before leaving home and then just "touch up" when using the items.

Good Luck..........

Spray sounds like a good option however and I will definitely give it a try......

thanks for the suggestion........

travelinro:D

We have had this discussion many times, smoking is not the issue and is not banned, irons are.

I have a steamer. If I remove the steamer face plate, it's an iron. Steamers get just as hot as irons and can be the same hazard. Same with a curling iron. Hairdryers put more load on the electrical circuits than irons do. All are completely safe when used properly.

Regards

I have a steamer. If I remove the steamer face plate, it's an iron. Steamers get just as hot as irons and can be the same hazard. Same with a curling iron. Hairdryers put more load on the electrical circuits than irons do. All are completely safe when used properly.

Regards

The point is that Celebrity says no irons in the cabins please. I'm sure most of us are responsible people, but they must have a reason for their request. Even responsible people make mistakes.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/75017138/1075050464042664116cCVtqn

Archived