An excursion in Marseilles (Provence) with wine tasting

twinsaj

Hi all.  Looking for some suggestions on what do during our Marseilles stop.  We are in port from 9am -6pm.  We would especially enjoy something that includes a stop for wine tasting and  a nice lunch.  Any ideas would be appreciated!! 

I've been researching for myself for a trip in July which includes some days in the Provence region.  I'll suggest just start searching the 'net for "wine tours from Marseille" - lots of offerings and some do tours just for cruise folks to match their port times.   Just a hint.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 6:15 PM, slidergirl said:

I've been researching for myself for a trip in July which includes some days in the Provence region.  I'll suggest just start searching the 'net for "wine tours from Marseille" - lots of offerings and some do tours just for cruise folks to match their port times.   Just a hint.  

Thank you for the tip! Enjoy your trip!

• 3 weeks later...

Drink wine, yes, but don’t miss the tram ride up to Notre Dame de la Garde. It starts in the Vieux Port. 

our son and his family live in Marseille, so we’ve been there many times. It’s not standard touristy, but that doesn’t matter. It’s a lovely city.