Anthem Virtual Balcony

chmusar

Unlike some of her sisters in class I believe all interior on Anthem are "U" categories compared to "V" categories.  1U, 2U, 3U, 4U are virtual balcony interior. 

I don't think there are any 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V etc. on Anthem - these are not virtual balcony cabins.

Edited by twangster

46 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Please give me one reason why you would want a virtual balcony....the reason for a balcony is to enjoy fresh air and scenery.

Because some folks are on a budget and it's nice to at least see outside the ship if you haven't gotten out of your cabin yet.

To the OP - The studio interiors are the only ones without the screen.  You should be fine with a regular guaranteed cabin.  Bon voyage!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Please give me one reason why you would want a virtual balcony....the reason for a balcony is to enjoy fresh air and scenery.

To save one or two thousand dollars.  Works for me.  I’m fine in interior cabins.  A VB is a nice touch for an interior when the cost over a plain interior is minor.  

Its not a replacement for a real balcony.  It’s a small upgrade over a plain interior.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, COCKYMARK said:

This is the scenery view we had the one time we had a virtual balcony inside on Anthem. As you can see it was from the bridge viewing over the bow and was quite good and accurate as picture screen was on the forward side wall of our cabin.

P1180125 (2).jpg

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

@robtulipe - How did you like the cabin?  We're in one on Anthem in a couple of weeks and it's our first time in an interior cabin.  Hoping we like it enough to book them again to save some $$$.

I had a studio one on Ovation when I went to Alaska and thought it was great. I liked knowing what was happening outside, didn’t feel claustrophobic, could turn it on and off, close the curtain, etc. Since I wasn’t planning to spend a lot of time in the cabin it saved me quite a bit of money I put towards excursions. 

• Thanks 1

Broons77 that virtual inside cabin we had was fine and we enjoyed having the above view. On our other four cruises on Anthem we had balcony categories so we had experienced these also

That booking was a very late one, less than two weeks out and a balcony cabin for that cruise was going to cost over double of that inside even with our D+ balcony discount factored in. At 166 sq. ft. it wasn't that much smaller than Anthem's regular balcony cabins which range from 177 to 198 sq.ft. of area inside.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Because it is a last minute cruise here in the UK for May to get me to Diamond before our next cruise in September and its only £800 for 2 for 7 nights ,