OBC and refunds?

kentuckycruiser

I have never purchased excursions ahead of time and looking to do an expensive one for Alaska (for 4 people). So it will be a significant cost. I am assuming I pay for it now when I book? Can I use a Holland gift card with the rest being paid via credit card? Assuming that is a yes, I see that we can cancel up to a day before the excursion. If we were to cancel does the refund go back as OBC? Will we get a refund at the end of the trip on our credit card if we don't use it - I can't imagine we would spend that much on other excursions or specialty dinners. 

Thank you.

Yes, you'll pay for the excursions when you book them. You can split payments, but note that if you cancel, refunds go back to the original form of payment (so a refund to a gift card might not be much use if you don't have another HAL cruise planned).

I'm not sure about canceling once on board since I haven't done this, but I imagine it would work the same.