Ketchikan

cantonoh1753

Hi

My wife & I booked NCL Jewel at the end of June.   One way north from Vancouver (hopefully) to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Seward. 

I booked a combo tour (Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier) for Juneau.  Skagway is Train, Gold, and Dog Sleds through NCL (Alaska 360). 

My dilemma is Ketchikan.  Do we do kayaks ?  The ebike tour & hike into the rainforest looked interesting.   I dont want to do both, because I would like some time to relax and walk around town tool.    Any thoughts? Other things to do that I may have missed?   

Also, is there required covid testing at disembarkation?   I am guessing since we are in Alaska and flying back to Ohio, that there is not testing required since it is a domestic flight. 

We will be in Seattle before the trip, so I am hoping the train (or bus) is running by then to Vancouver.  Still need to figure out testing needs before leaving Seattle for Vancouver as well.  Since testing requirements appearing to be fluid, just need to be ready! 

Thanks to your guidance!   Dan 

I second Ashland’s recommendation. My husband and I did that and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We’re thinking about taking our kids on that this August when we’re in port, but disappointed that we wouldn’t have time to also do the Lumberjack show, which I think we’d all enjoy. 

We took the float plane trip with Island Wings to Misty Fjords National Monument - it was fantastic and we had beautiful weather.  This was an independent tour company.  

www.islandwings.com