Horizon (french balcony) v. Veranda

aimee0715

Hello,

I'm looking at booking a  cruise on Atlas World Navigator.  We're trying to decide between the Horizon cabin with a french balcony and a veranda cabin.  The Horizon is significantly more expensive than a veranda.  I have not ever sailed in a cabin with a french balcony.  I really thought a french balcony would be the less expensive option.  Now I'm wondering if there is something that makes it more desirable.  I would appreciate any feedback that anyone who has been on the ship has on these two options.  We saw the ship in Ushuaia last year and it looked beautiful.  

The World Navigator is indeed a beautiful ship.  Her expedition team is top notch.  

Atlas recently revamped their pricing and I wonder if they might have missed adjusting the price on the Juliettes.  

I had a B1 Veranda in Antarctica and appreciated the balcony.  It was nice to be able to stay outside for extended periods (especially when the scenery was spectacular), yet still have privacy.  I spoke to someone with a Juliette balcony who mentioned that they didn’t have a good view during the polar plunge.

A balcony becomes even more valuable when quarantined to one’s stateroom — which fortunately did not happen to me but it might be worth considering for your trip. 

Have you  compared square footage of the cabins to see if that’s a factor? 

The horizon is 50 sqft more inside room.  Basically it takes the balcony and puts it inside with a floor to ceiling window. That window goes down. 

For me, it would depend on the itinerary as to which room to choose. I was in Horizon in Antarctica and appreciated the extra 50 sq ft inside since most of the trip you are not sitting on the balcony. Especially while sailing in 50mph freezing winds.