Every day I get an email to upgrade....what to do?

mafig

I haven't sailed on Norwegian for several years.  I currently have booked a Haven Penthouse with Large balcony on Joy.  Since I booked (just last week), I have been receiving daily emails from NCL to upgrade.  Now I know I should avoid the Aft because of vibration issues (also I do want to be in the Haven).

If I do decide to bid on a two bedroom Haven, do I bid what Norwegian is listing ??? It's $400 per person.  Can I bid less?  Is it correct I won't know if my bid is accepted until boarding?   Why do two people want two bedrooms (I know the Haven Penthouses are on the small side.  Does anyone know if they are smaller than MSC's Yacht Club 1 suites_)   I'm more than happy where I am....just wondering if the two bedroom is something I should consider.

As you can tell I'm a little befuddled and need your input.

23 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is it correct I won't know if my bid is accepted until boarding? 

I won my bids days (weeks?) before boarding, always for more than the minimum bid. I always started with a cabin that was painfully spartan, and yearned for the affordable upgrade.

48 minutes ago, mafig said:

I haven't sailed on Norwegian for several years.  I currently have booked a Haven Penthouse with Large balcony on Joy.  Since I booked (just last week), I have been receiving daily emails from NCL to upgrade.  Now I know I should avoid the Aft because of vibration issues (also I do want to be in the Haven).

If I do decide to bid on a two bedroom Haven, do I bid what Norwegian is listing ??? It's $400 per person.  Can I bid less?  Is it correct I won't know if my bid is accepted until boarding?   Why do two people want two bedrooms (I know the Haven Penthouses are on the small side.  Does anyone know if they are smaller than MSC's Yacht Club 1 suites_)   I'm more than happy where I am....just wondering if the two bedroom is something I should consider.

As you can tell I'm a little befuddled and need your input.

How long is the cruise?  Is $400 the minimum bid? 

The second bedroom is handy for storage and more importantly, you get two bathrooms and the second one has a shower as well as the first one. have you compared the floor plans?  That might help you decide.

I've sailed in the Yacht Club on MSC in a Deluxe Suite... is that what you mean by Yacht Club "1"?  If so, the Haven 2 bedroom is defintely more spacious.

1 minute ago, lgdesign said:

How long is the cruise?  Is $400 the minimum bid? 

I've sailed in the Yacht Club on MSC in a Deluxe Suite... is that what you mean by Yacht Club "1"?  If so, the Haven 2 bedroom is defintely more spacious.

The MSC designation is YC1.  However, what I meant is the Haven Penthouse smaller than that?

The cruise is 7 days.  And $400 Per Person is the minimum bid.  I was wondering if I could bid less, like $400 total.  

12 minutes ago, mafig said:

The MSC designation is YC1.  However, what I meant is the Haven Penthouse smaller than that?

The cruise is 7 days.  And $400 Per Person is the minimum bid.  I was wondering if I could bid less, like $400 total.  

Based on the floor plan for the Haven Penthouse on hte Joy... and having stayed in a YC1 (which is the Deluxe Suite in the Yacht Club), I would say the room size in the Haven Penthouse is smaller than the YC1 on MSC.  As you say you booked the larger balcony, the balcony in the Haven Penthouse will be a little larger than the balcony of a YC1.

You will not be able to bid less thru the bidding system, but you CAN call NCL directly (assuming you booked directly thru them) or have your TA call them... and ask how much it would cost to upgrade directly rather than go thru the bidding price.  I just did this and got my upgrade for a fraction of the minimum bid as the prices had dropped on my cruise.  Your promos shouldn't change as you just booked last week, but you should ask to make sure before you make the change so youknow exactly what you're getting.

Also, if you call in to upgrade, you can select your room if location is important (look this up ahead of the call to check what's available)... when bidding, you get what they give you if you win.

• Thanks 1