MSC requiring 5 to 12 years olds to be Vaccinated??? When did they sneak this in?

WirelessRoute

Curious if anyone else had heard this ? While I think it was updated recently and most cruiselines easing restrictions. I read this on their website after trying to book yesterday. Our cruise in in May. I guess my question is when did this update this because I do not recall seeing this last week. Can we cancel and get a full refund for not being made aware of the change?

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: 

Until April 22, 2022, all guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation. 

Beginning April 23, 2022, all guests 5 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation. 

To be considered fully vaccinated:

• Your final dose in a 2-dose initial series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must be completed at least 14 days prior to departure.
  • Guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting all required doses at the pier upon check-in.
  • The vaccination certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise.
  • Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 do not qualify as fully vaccinated.

30 minutes ago, WirelessRoute said:

Curious if anyone else had heard this ? While I think it was updated recently and most cruiselines easing restrictions. I read this on their website after trying to book yesterday. Our cruise in in May. I guess my question is when did this update this because I do not recall seeing this last week. Can we cancel and get a full refund for not being made aware of the change?

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: 

Until April 22, 2022, all guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation. 

Beginning April 23, 2022, all guests 5 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation. 

To be considered fully vaccinated:

• Your final dose in a 2-dose initial series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must be completed at least 14 days prior to departure.
  • Guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting all required doses at the pier upon check-in.
  • The vaccination certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise.
  • Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 do not qualify as fully vaccinated.

It was announced yesterday. I received an email re:my cruise in June that I'm taking my granddaughters on. They have given the option to cancel with refund. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cherylnj said:

It was announced yesterday. I received an email re:my cruise in June that I'm taking my granddaughters on. They have given the option to cancel with refund. 

Also, check all of your folders for your email. Mine did not come in the primary folder. It was mixed in with other MSC junk...

If you prefer to cancel and receive a full refund in the amount paid to MSC, and your booking is currently within our published penalty period, please call your Travel Advisor no later than March 25, 2022. Or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, please call us at 1-866-420-3584 no later than March 25, 2022, our representative will be happy to assist. If your booking is outside of the published penalty period, to avoid penalty charges, you must cancel prior to the onset of penalties. All penalty information can be found in your cruise confirmation.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard MSC Seashore.

Sincerely,

MSC Cruises USA

I got the email yesterday 3/1 at about 10:32pm. It's really frustrating because I had just booked our cruise the day before on 2/28.

I've got until mid-September before I'm within my penalty timeframe to cancel so I'm just going to sit on our reservation in hopes that the policy gets updated before our cruise in December. If it doesn't we'll have to cancel the cruise.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, NCPipeSmoker said:

I got the email yesterday 3/1 at about 10:32pm. It's really frustrating because I had just booked our cruise the day before on 2/28.

I've got until mid-September before I'm within my penalty timeframe to cancel so I'm just going to sit on our reservation in hopes that the policy gets updated before our cruise in December. If it doesn't we'll have to cancel the cruise.

We are sailing in May in the US on Seashore and also booked recently. Before booking we did not see a requirement listed for kids 5-12. We went back and forth about it for weeks now. We ended up getting the kids started on their vaccines. My wife and I are both vaccinated but no boosters. We are not pro or anti vaccine, we just notice that in the US mandates are on there way out.  Its a debatable topic but we figured everyone will be moving to this at some point and that the shot was inevitable if you wanted to travel outside the US. Best of luck to you and your decision!

Edited by WirelessRoute