Radiance -on ship now 3/2/22 any questions?

On 3/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, nessz79 said:

Haha, figures!!  Thank you so much- switched to YTD.

44 minutes ago, Kclovesken said:

Do you have the funtimes still *bats eyes* you'd make my mom so happy if you did lol. She's going on her first cruise and just wants an example of what's to come.  Thank you for all your info it has been truly helpful

I do. At least the “paper ones” from guest services. I will take photos of them and post here hope to by Sun eve 3/20. I try to save everything. Also have Kids camp too. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:04 AM, Californian said:

@Buffettfan 225, Thanks so much for all the information and photos.  Really appreciated it.

Does the HUB app list main dining room menus to look at before the cruise?  If not, does it list 

the menus during the cruise?  I would like to see what they are serving to decide whether we want to try another venue for that evening.

Yes the menus are all posted in the HUB app as soon as you click on board. I did post the four days of menus post #39 March 6. 
If you see something in menu, ask- I can tell you if we tried it. We did skip night 3 though. I can comment that last night ordered steak house lobster option. Do not recommend, lobster broiled/grilled too rubbery, and tasted “too grilled” in a bad way. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, Linda the Book Lover said:

Thank you for the review. We sail on March 21st. We sailed the Miracle in November and it was nice except for "not warm at all" food around the pool deck. I agree I think the smaller number in guests mean the food does not get picked up as often. We love the 4-day out of Long Beach since it is a short flight for us. 

I agree, temp was inconsistent at Guys Burgers, the Blue Iguana tacos always good. Deli was hot as made as order, but no way as good as many years ago when really made fresh cutting meats to order,grilling- not putting in an oven pushing a button like Subway. Plus the cook I had seemed to be nonchalant about saying fries are cold saying all they had, and when out of something just shrugged. I had not returned so never saw if service improved. I feel being 1/3 full impacted food quality but made up for it in no lines. The spa staff seemed to know next few weeks capacity and each one greatly was increasing. 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Californian said:

@Buffettfan 225, Thanks so much for all the information and photos.  Really appreciated it.

Does the HUB app list main dining room menus to look at before the cruise?  If not, does it list 

the menus during the cruise?  I would like to see what they are serving to decide whether we want to try another venue for that evening.

If you are going in the near future, you can look at the menus posted earlier. Mine were identical to what was here (except we got an extra bonus green dessert on St. Pat's day.)

On 3/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, SingBill said:

Are you using Value or Premium wifi and how has the connection been. thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your cruise

Jumping in, even though it's not my post. We just returned....I got social and my husband got premium. Didn't notice a huge difference, both were super slow. Internet was out over 2 hours for whole ship on sea day. Just expect really slow speeds, it was a bit frustrating for $100 for 2 people for 2 days...

2 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Yes the menus are all posted in the HUB app as soon as you click on board. I did post the four days of menus post #39 March 6. 
If you see something in menu, ask- I can tell you if we tried it. We did skip night 3 though. I can comment that last night ordered steak house lobster option. Do not recommend, lobster broiled/grilled too rubbery, and tasted “too grilled” in a bad way. 

Duh.  I figured out that you posted the menus after a while.  Thanks very much for posting them.   It's too bad that you can't see the menus until you are on board.  We were on Royal recently and could see the daily menus several days before boarding.

@Jayhawk - Thanks for your input.  I guess the menus don't change much from week to week.

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Jumping in, even though it's not my post. We just returned....I got social and my husband got premium. Didn't notice a huge difference, both were super slow. Internet was out over 2 hours for whole ship on sea day. Just expect really slow speeds, it was a bit frustrating for $100 for 2 people for 2 days...

I do not mind anyone jumping in the OP. Learning and sharing from anyone is nice and we all help eachother this way. Thanks for confirming poor internet speeds, we are again sailing this identical itineray/ship so will stick with using cell when get a signal. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225

17 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Thank you so much for your feedback.  Very helpful

On 3/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Thanks, I appreciate you looking out. Seems to be a casualty of covid (like the flat iron in MDR). Haven't seen it on any other menus posted either. 

I'll  have to check my documents from our Radiance cruise 3/4-7/22 to see if I can see the seafood tower on a printed menu. I wonder if they moved it to be available at the Seafood Shack.

I DO know for sure they have the Sushi boat available in the MDR. A young couple sitting next to us one night had it for dinner. I believe it was an $18 upcharge. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:47 PM, Jayhawk said:

We, too, found the internet to be VERY slow.  Guest services refunded mine.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry can’t help on them being picky on cooler size.I think most soft side if fit thru xray ok, but two small foldable would be better imo, maybe one hard size so it wouldn't leak. . they do not want rolling coolers. I can say they made us throw out an empty water bottle that was on outside of my backpack “for ocean safety”. (ok- explain that I ordered a flat of water from Carnval for in cabin use?). But they never checked any of hydroflask beverage cups. 😉

• 6 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 10:25 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Sorry can’t help on them being picky on cooler size.I think most soft side if fit thru xray ok, but two small foldable would be better imo, maybe one hard size so it wouldn't leak. . they do not want rolling coolers. I can say they made us throw out an empty water bottle that was on outside of my backpack “for ocean safety”. (ok- explain that I ordered a flat of water from Carnval for in cabin use?). But they never checked any of hydroflask beverage cups. 😉

What was the weather like in February?   I’m planning a January sailing.  Is it pool warm?  If not, what do people do all day?