Radiance -on ship now 3/2/22 any questions?

On 3/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, SingBill said:

Are you using Value or Premium wifi and how has the connection been. thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your cruise

I used only cell phone data Verizon when I could catch shore cell signal from all ports. Long Beach  all day able while in Catalina from ship,  Ensenada (Mexico included with Verizon) all day from ship, did not get back Neil arrived in Long Beach today. I would have bought Carnival internet but heard this class even Premium it would drop signal, not stream as no updated routers. 
We drove to Long Beach from Vegas so opted express off, off ship at 7:15 - first ones- ever for us. In car pulling out at 7:30am. Can only do express if carry luggage off. The checked in hall bags area wasn’t even started at 7:20am when walked past it. 

On 3/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, cruisingguy007 said:

Is the seafood tower available still for an up-charge?

How do you like the makeover and condition of the ship & cabins? Do cabins feel new?

Any odd smells?

For the vaccine card (to get off and on) and ID, will they take the digital version from health authorities?  (wouldn't want to take our actual cards and risk losing them)

How has the food been in the MDR/brunch?

I'd also love to see the wine selections for the bottle only purchases in the MDR and steakhouse. 

Appreciate your time and hope you're enjoying your cruise!   

Driving home now from Radiance( I s am passenger) I checked all menus and venues did not see a seafood tower anywhere listed. I will post all menus from 4 days later and fun times. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SuperCatMom2 said:

Thank you for the photos. We will be cruising on March 11th. My usual go to was Imagination or Inspiration (rest in peace-I'm a local) and looking forward to the Radiance! Just upgraded to a balcony from an interior for cheap. I was surprised.

Are people still wearing a mask? It makes me nervous to go maskless, but I will try.

Our cruise it was required. Staff will remain masked. Having worked in dental 40yrs I say masking up to person, Inprefer it - besides covid there is flu, common cold prevention. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperCatMom2 said:

Great Review! Hope you had a great time! Safe Travels home.

Thank you, we did. I will use my computer later and write a detailed review with fun times, menus, and spa experience. This was our 17th Carnival Cruise and first without taking others, or flying and being retired. A cruise about us! Passenger at moment as we drive home to Vegas. Will answers questions anyone has best I can. 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

In case wondering- Feast or first elegant night was Tues and mostly black dress slacks, polos, even a few with dark jeans and a shirt. Only saw a few that were families with kids that were really dressed up and we’re taking g photos. Then a few um…um… very dressed but more appropriate for a nightclub with spandex and midriffs. So go with what one likes and ignore others if you fit within tiles of no hat, cut offs, shorts,flip flops. 

I was going to take my codpiece along, but maybe that's too formal...

• Haha 1

I have a question for a friend want to cruise with 4 yrs old kid on 4 days 4/18/22.  Does unvaccinated protocol applied to kid under 5 ie .. “As part of the health screening process, unvaccinated guests must also take an antigen test at embarkation . Unvaccinated guests cannot go ashore in the ports of call on their own. Guests may only debark in the ports of call if booked on a Carnival-sponsored bubble tour. “ Very appreciate.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:26 AM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Driving home now from Radiance( I s am passenger) I checked all menus and venues did not see a seafood tower anywhere listed. I will post all menus from 4 days later and fun times. 

Thanks, I appreciate you looking out. Seems to be a casualty of covid (like the flat iron in MDR). Haven't seen it on any other menus posted either. 

I have all four days, plus paid ones, the “fun times” , kids camp papers. etc. Just ran out of energy today. IMO buffet has experienced severe shrinkage, same with MDR portions and selections, so go for ordering more than one item! I often did not care for many of appetizers so always ordered tropical fruit plate as an app (it is from dessert menu.) 

Since our sailing was 1100 passengers even Guys burgers were pretty meh- cold -check your burger temp before walking away. I tried to take buffet photos when I was in area. Blue Iguana still top notch, even have taco bowls if ask.

More later so many snippets I wrote down. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, airlinerob said:

So, I’m assuming no lobster on 4 night cruises, right?

48 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Thanks, I appreciate you looking out. Seems to be a casualty of covid (like the flat iron in MDR). Haven't seen it on any other menus posted either. 

No- Lobster only as an option from a la carte $20 upcharge from steakhouse. I ordered it last night of cruise. I guess I missed the word grilled. Honestly should have returned it. It took my husband cutting it up for me, and taste was dry, and pieces still stuck together with some skin like layer plus taste was grill/smokey. Disappointing. Same thing happened to shrimp listed that as grilled.

I hope if sitting in steakhouse it is better. 

Do not miss the brunch - I am not a beef eater much, but the steak and eggs entree was so,so good, husband ordered a second one. Plus he ate part of mine. I also ordered the 12 hr french toast- nice add on item along with another entree as too plain as the only breakfast entree ordered. The roasted peaches were minuscule and not a big feature of entree. 

• Like 2

Carnival Radiance Day 1 embarkation Long Beach

Day 2 Catalina Port “Feast” 

Day 3 Ensenada Port

Day 4 Sea Day (last night of cruise)

473E2AC4-D72C-45B5-9FDD-F3986930F3D6.png

E501F057-795C-4BC6-BB97-0D9A4B35755A.png

A0715E09-8267-42D8-A083-786E9CA395CD.png

BFE1144E-46E9-4ED5-9DB5-88DB749359F9.png

739081FC-E418-45AD-A3EF-AC63C4F940D3.png

E2B19E71-6AE9-45FF-9777-E0B6D718B300.png

6A3FC151-823D-4C5E-A432-3514436A1A73.png

8FF56566-32EE-4B93-9EC0-B23BD45C614B.png

31D786F2-3E1D-4C8E-8A0F-7F22443D87E8.png

BF43837E-FB7B-4904-8302-32DE0945D9AC.png

11E09F77-12B7-460C-97B4-396226FAB4B2.png

B963B003-AA28-4DA6-BC57-D485A9B27892.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:47 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Here is my Step by step experience for Binax Now Home test (NOT the self test type)I did the “proctored test precruise today” wanted to give the anxious cruisers a boost of easiness. First cleaned off large area for laptop to sit and plenty of room for test card to not fall off table (IMO do not use a desk- as have to put the test card undisturbed in front of keyboard for 15min) 
1.Create NAVICA app, or as I did, I logged in thru emed whom bought test kits from. Answer screen questions on location etc., and it runs a test of sound,camera, mic etc. 

2.Have test UNOPENED by you, I had two by me in case of a defect. Also an ID, scissors to help open box. 
3.click test- I was next at 10:30am on a Sat. 
4. show them the sticker with QR code using web camera holding it close. Focus it on little green square as guide. They noticed my ID and test registered name was missing middle- I left no middle name as my covid card is written without middle name and MUST match test. I also did not use middle name on Carnival booking. 
5.per proctor now open blue box- inside is packet, swab and liquid bottle.

6.Tip laptop lid so can see card an likely half of yourself. Open packet with card per proctor, laying in front of keyboard like an open book with holes on right. I made sure to flex it so it laid flat, Touch only edges.

6.Per proctor Open vial, hold vertical so 5-6 drops fill small hole on top- more is better.

7.per proctor open swab by stick end- swab circling each nostril 3x

8.now proctor has you slide swab end into larger hole and twist it 3 times. 
9.proctor will tell you to take off paper on edge and close the booklet. DO NOT touch it at all, they will video monitor it for 15min with timer on screen. 
10.You can see the liquid moving up toward control line. It will be horizontal lavender. Hopefully only line you see!

11.Be in front of computer at 14-15min it will chime. A new proctor will come back on and ask a few questions. Pay attention! Hope you see one line = negative. They will log off.

12.My results were almost immediate in email. click on link to download and print.  The NAVICA app also has results button on bottom left click on it. 
* my glitch it only lets me log in to my NAVICA app only for results and not see family. I had spouse log in on his cell. 
Cruising in two days!!! 
Hope this long of a post is allowed, I was worried about using my laptop camera for the first time but worked great. I also watched a YouTube video, on Binax home testing. 
Any questions ask- sailing Radiance 4 Monday 28th. 
ps- if you have a pet maybe do in a closed room or sit and guard your test. If it gets touched during 15min is invalid.

We just ordered the 6 pack through emed since there’s 6 of us traveling however it only allowed us to enter 3 names. Do you think this would be an issue? We were going to buy an extra 2 from optum just in case of an error but that still leaves 1 one of us unaccounted for I guess you could say. 

Edited by MJ702
Wifi connection

4 hours ago, MJ702 said:

We just ordered the 6 pack through emed since there’s 6 of us traveling however it only allowed us to enter 3 names. Do you think this would be an issue? We were going to buy an extra 2 from optum just in case of an error but that still leaves 1 one of us unaccounted for I guess you could say. 

I personally think you just need 6 separate accounts to register. Before you actually do day of testing, register one of the non named people - click start testing and will answer a bunch of questions, just don't hit last step start now. That is how I familiarized myself for the next day test. In covid thread #2 on Carnival board front page I think post #327 page 14. I wrote my exact step by step testing experience. This brand is Much easier instructions to folllow than ihealth freebies sent by govt. It is wise though to order more tests as once in a while heard of a faulty test empty liquid bottle, or making a mistake while testing. I even placed an extra Test UNOPENED BOX near me in case of a faulty one.  Please read my instructions and watch a Binax you tube video prior. Make sure have a scissors or box cutter next to you, and ID. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225
added page14, post # 327 for Binax test steps info

I think it will be the same fleetwide. We had no problems with quality of service level in dining room.  Having a history of 17 Carnival Cruises, I would say our impression was less selections of items, and no a la carte items. Still a nice meal, enjoyed more than buffet. Our ship was at 1194 passengers vs I heard 2000 ish currently and then 3000 full. Perhaps higher now in relation to Carnival Sailabration dates. It made for a last night quiet feel all the time, but being small number on board may have hurt us in that walk up places like Guys food was lukewarm, same with buffet they only double sided it on embarkation day. Loved Blue Iguana top notch as always, loved the new Shaq Bok Bok chicken fries and husband chicken strips. The BBQ on embarkarion day 10aft open only on embarkation 12-2:30, and a bit on sea day. Nice try one time, we said we would go back and get pulled pork and make tacos from it, but forgot.  We actually found anytime dining flexible and no issue, going in HUB  app and request dining, usually under ten min, just click on app on our way when it notifies you, or it will keep dining every now and then on cell. Of 3/4 times we were given a less than desirable table location and just told poor server seating us no, lets go back to hostess reassign. No problem. We loved table 555 a central 4-top view of everything. Table 572 is a booth a bit further back, but main level. Table 432 was left side to tops squeezed together with others all around us when dining room was 1/4 full. Just ask for main open area should work. 

Do not miss brunch at sea - best meal all week. Steak and eggs are so good. Sea day 12-2 they did have chocolate extravaganza - nice selection choc cakes.

They also introduced beer station charging 40cents per ounce. My husband did it first day using deli side, had an ounce meter count down. Last day again but the seafood shack side of buffet and machine kept spinning, so slid card again no meter got beer, then slid again got Beer- no countdown meter. Never showed up as a charge so a glitch like getting extra tickets in an arcade game. Made up for less than accurate meter of our first day pours. 

I do believe I posted menus, and can comment in a few entrees we had. I do have food photos, just need to load them in. 

Any questions..none are to simple or weird. 

p.s. my husband said he comes back just for ice cream machines! Also he said best one for solidness was near bow pool stairs by Big Chicken the bok,bok chicken. 

On 3/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, jerseygirlinAZ said:

Thanks!  I'm interested in the kids camp papers as my 6-year old has never been on a cruise.

Here is the flyer I picked up from Radiance Feb 28th,2022. I would think it will be expanded by April as there were only a few kids on board due to school, covid requirements etc I think. Plus our weather was not pool water temp enjoyable yet. 

Hope this helps. I have other ages for camp flyers but new you were interested so took photos of it tonight. 

796DBB90-E8CE-4FA6-91F8-4662CC023536.jpeg

2702F562-AF52-418A-A724-D906C956AF9C.jpeg

9 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Here is the flyer I picked up from Radiance Feb 28th,2022. I would think it will be expanded by April as there were only a few kids on board due to school, covid requirements etc I think. Plus our weather was not pool water temp enjoyable yet. 

Hope this helps. I have other ages for camp flyers but new you were interested so took photos of it tonight. 

796DBB90-E8CE-4FA6-91F8-4662CC023536.jpeg

2702F562-AF52-418A-A724-D906C956AF9C.jpeg

This is great!  Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.  I appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 5:31 AM, MJ702 said:

I used all 6 for 6 different people just two months ago when I did this cruise. I just made different accts

Also HUGE thanks to OP. Taking this cruise (yet again) March 21st and excited to go on this lovely boat. Not much has changed cept I can now sail with my 9 Yr old. 

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Do not miss the brunch - I am not a beef eater much, but the steak and eggs entree was so,so good, husband ordered a second one. 

Carnival Sea Day Brunch Steak and Eggs is hands down my husband's favorite meal on any Carnival ship. He can handle being on the biggest, smallest, newest, oldest, shortest (which Radiance will be at 4 nights and only one Sea Day) or longest cruise, as long as he gets at least one brunch with the steak and the eggs. 

I guess we will never do a 3 night, 2 port day cruise. Blasphemy.

Edited by KmomChicago

• 2 weeks later...

@Buffettfan 225, Thanks so much for all the information and photos.  Really appreciated it.

Does the HUB app list main dining room menus to look at before the cruise?  If not, does it list 

the menus during the cruise?  I would like to see what they are serving to decide whether we want to try another venue for that evening.

Thank you for the review. We sail on March 21st. We sailed the Miracle in November and it was nice except for "not warm at all" food around the pool deck. I agree I think the smaller number in guests mean the food does not get picked up as often. We love the 4-day out of Long Beach since it is a short flight for us.