Cabin sizes compared to Carnival

vintner

How large are balcony cabins on the Grand Princess compared to similar cabins on Conquest? We thought those were a little small. Should we look into a minisuite? They cost a little more, what do you get for the extra $$$?

I have not been on the Conquest, but I have been on the Victory and the Miracle. The cabins on the Victory are definitely larger than those on the Grand class ships. I think the cabins on the Miracle might be larger. They do have a sofa in them, which the Grand class balcony staterooms do not have.

The difference in a mini-suite: larger balcony, but it is not covered unless you get the aft cabins on Emerald deck, larger stateroom with a couch and a chair and a coffee table, bathtub. There might be more space to store your stuff, too. It's been awhile since I was on the Golden.

Roberta

Balcony cabins on both ships are about 185 sq. ft., not including the balcony. But Conquest gives you a sofa, no sofas in Princess balconies on the Grand class. Minisuite on Princess gives you 323 sq ft, but that includes the balcony of ~ 50 ft, so your actual extra room in the mini is 80-90 ft. You get a small sitting area with sofa and an extra TV. Bathroom is larger, you get a tub not just a shower.

P.S. Everyone lately says the balcony space of the mini suite is larger, but I don't think it really is. It is smaller than the balcony of the Caribe deck balconies (9 x 9), and almost the same size (IMO) of the standard balconies on Aloha and Baja, which are around 6 x 9 ft. Here is a picture of the usual Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies: You can decide if they are bigger or not.:)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/123857720/1136033154014545256eCqeCH

We did a press tour on one of the new Carnival Ships and I think it was the Conquest. The cabins on Princess are totally different. If you are looking for something as comfortable as those in the newer Carnival ships, I would definitely suggest you go to a mini on Princess.

Now that is a great picture to show the mini suite balcony staterooms. It will give others the advantage of seeing them, and seeing it with ones eyes is much better than having someone describe it.

Thank you. And a great segue to a shameless plug for my Grand thread! :D

We had 3 mini-suites on that cruise - I'm sure there might be a picture or three. :p;)

Archived