Upgrade bid questions

Broadwaybb

I have some upgrade bid questions. Is it better to bid immediately, or can we wait a bit to decide? Our cruise is in mid-June, so it seems really early to get the email. I’m going to try to use FCC toward my bid. Are there any fees on top of the bid you make? It looks like I still have to enter a credit card, but will the FCC that my husband and I each have be applied if I check the box to use FCC? The upgrade email was only sent to him. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

1 hour ago, Broadwaybb said:

I have some upgrade bid questions. Is it better to bid immediately, or can we wait a bit to decide? Our cruise is in mid-June, so it seems really early to get the email. I’m going to try to use FCC toward my bid. Are there any fees on top of the bid you make? It looks like I still have to enter a credit card, but will the FCC that my husband and I each have be applied if I check the box to use FCC? The upgrade email was only sent to him. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

NCL usually allocates rooms for upgrades a couple of days to a week before the cruise, although there have been some reports of NCL accepting and settling bids much sooner.  Once NCL decides to accept your bid and move you to the higher category room, your payment will be settled at once, your original room will be made available for others to reserve, and you will not be allowed to decline your new room assignment or return to your original room.  You will not be able to choose your new room number, but must accept the new room which NCL assigns to you.  If you have placed bids on more than one upgrade category, once NCL confirms that you are the successful bidder on one of your bids, any other bid you have made for that cruise will be cancelled automatically.  We have always guaranteed our bids with a credit card.  I was not aware that FCC could be used.  If it is, though, I'm confident that NCL would treat it the same way.  It would be used to pay the amount of the bid and would no longer be available to you.

Thanks.  I guess it's a no...I put my name and reservation number in and got the message "please check your reservation number and try again".. It was definitely the right number so apparently I am not eligible  

3 minutes ago, hi2mari said:

Thanks.  I guess it's a no...I put my name and reservation number in and got the message "please check your reservation number and try again".. It was definitely the right number so apparently I am not eligible  

Are you sailing soon?  If not, check back after Final Payment!