Will we be out of "The Bubble" ?

rudychance

I've been under the impression that after March 1st, Viking passengers will be able to explore on our own,  as long as we conform to country's requirements.  However, I haven't read a thing on Viking boards nor received any updated info by email .  Anyone know, albeit the few ports - can we go exploring on our own for this Transatlantic 🤔.   Thanks much 

Maureen and Joe 

Edited by rudychance
Forgot something

Oops,  Transatlantic,  Sea 3/21/22

1 hour ago, rudychance said:

I've been under the impression that after March 1st, Viking passengers will be able to explore on our own,  as long as we conform to country's requirements.  However, I haven't read a thing on Viking boards nor received any updated info by email .  Anyone know, albeit the few ports - can we go exploring on our own for this Transatlantic 🤔.   Thanks much 

Maureen and Joe 

You can check on your My Viking Journey. If you go to the Before You Go Tab then Pre Cruise Requirements it should have a document. We are on the cruise before yours and our document is dated March 1st. It says we can explore on our own. Check this spot often as it changes all the time. 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, StuLaurie said:

You can check on your My Viking Journey. If you go to the Before You Go Tab then Pre Cruise Requirements it should have a document. We are on the cruise before yours and our document is dated March 1st. It says we can explore on our own. Check this spot often as it changes all the time. 

33 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Is that's still subject to local restrictions?

Here’s what it says under MVJ for my Pre Cruise Requirements dated March 1, for a Mediterranean Odyssey cruise embarking on the 28th:

Due to local restrictions, some cities in Italy do not allow independent exploration at this time.
However, guests may explore independently in other countries while following local requirements.

I think the confusion results from news that Italy will not renew the Covis state of emergency the end of March. Many are assuming that the bubble excursion requirement will end at that time. I have yet to see that prediction confirmed anywhere official, and since we depart April 9 on a cruise with multiple stops in Italy, I wish I knew for certain. For now, I have all our Viking excursions booked, and if any independent time on shore opens up, it will be a bonus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy/italy-will-exit-covid-state-of-emergency-at-end-of-march-draghi-says-idUSKBN2KS1LY

• Like 3