Have It All $100 Shore Excursion?

highseaschick

18 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Just to clarify.... verifying a change in Holland America's policy is not the same as "knowing nothing about the subject". 🤐

Just to clarify there was no change in policy.  The 1st Time I used this perk was on the 2nd cruise of HAL's restart, never was the policy that you lose part of your benfit.

12 hours ago, zgscl said:

They are not making it up. I first noticed that it had changed in March and posted about it here. The change could have happened earlier but everyone who responded to that thread was pleasantly surprised by the change. When the restart first happened you could only use the credit on a single shore excursion. In fact the HAL website still says you can only use it towards the highest excursion. While in practice HAL has been allowing use on multiple tours for some time now, I do not think anyone is maliciously pulling stuff out of thin air, they very easily could have gotten the wrong information directly from HAL. 

image.thumb.png.b616a1ef2528e42854a33177500936b7.png

Also, FYI the document you attached on your post includes both your and your spouse's full name, booking number and last 4 digits of your credit card. Not sure if you intended to share that much detail but I would highly suggest redacting. 

The website says that HAL will apply credits to the highest priced tour 1st, not apply the credits only to the highest priced tour.

Thanks for the heads up on the personal information, I reveiwed it before posting and decided I was ok with it.

19 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

Just to clarify there was no change in policy.  The 1st Time I used this perk was on the 2nd cruise of HAL's restart, never was the policy that you lose part of your benfit.

Sorry but there was a change in policy. I used my shore excursion credit immediately after booking a cruise in November, 2021. The shore excursion was $149.95 pp. I had two $100 credits and was charged $49.95.  A friend booked the same cruise, same excursion in January and was not charged anything for the excursion. Both excursions were booked online. We later booked other excursions. My purchases were credited with my remaining $100, hers were credited with her remaining $50.05 - so we both paid the same amount in the end.

First of all, I am amazed at many of the posted questions, the subject matter many times is complicated or something that changes often or very important (as in if you get it wrong you might be denied boarding).  Why people do not go to the source, the cruise company, the Department of State, the government sites for countries you are visiting and get answers in writng, baffles me.  Instead they ask strangers on this website, and as you all know many times there are different answers from different people which leads to confusion or possibly someone making a bad choice.  Therefore, when I see something that is very wrong I have no problem pointing that out.

Second, I love to stir the pot, and see how the discussion goes, learned a lot this way.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Sorry but there was a change in policy. I used my shore excursion credit immediately after booking a cruise in November, 2021. The shore excursion was $149.95 pp. I had two $100 credits and was charged $49.95.  A friend booked the same cruise, same excursion in January and was not charged anything for the excursion. Both excursions were booked online. We later booked other excursions. My purchases were credited with my remaining $100, hers were credited with her remaining $50.05 - so we both paid the same amount in the end.

Your example is confusing, where in it did either of you lose part of your benefit.