American Duchess Lower Mississippi evening schedule

cbz

Hi, does anyone have info on the typical evening schedules on the Memphis to New Orleans routes?  Are there set times for evening entertainment and thoughts on pros and cons of early versus late dinner seating?

Edited by cbz

Most people love Early Seating at 5:15, which I find a bit too early. The Early seating has their show in the Grand Saloon at 8 pm. Between dinner and the show, they can listen to the piano player in the Captain’s bar, which is located between the dining room and Saloon. After the show, there is music in the Engine Room bar from 9:30 to @ midnight.

Typical Shows

first night- All Hands on Deck- basically meeting the Entertainment staff

- Southern Celebration- to me the best show

- Curtain Up - Broadway music 

- Sock Hop

- Mark Twain 

many other special shows by individual Entertainment staff and special guests.

I think the entertainment is outstanding. The band is great and there is no recorded music - all live!

There is also music in the afternoon including at least once a traditional jazz set, which is outstanding.

I like the late seating as it gives me more time to enjoy the day and then slowly get ready for dinner. I can also enjoy the calliope as the boat leaves port. The show for the late dinner is at 6 pm.

Yikes, I gave you the AQ schedule. Duchess is a lot different. 

When I was in the Duchess in May 2021 there was an early and late seating. And each seating had a Show (early after dinner, late before). Saying that the Duchess’ dining room and Saloon can handle one seating/show but with Covid they split it up into two seatings/show.

no late nights on the Duchess. The band did play a bit after the last show but not much past 10 pm.

The Entertainment cast was three people vs four on the Queen. Seemed to be the same shows as the Queen.

good band again - all live music.

no piano player or calliope.

My best guess is the shows are 45-60 minutes long.

Clarifying an early statement, there is a piano player on the Duchess but no additional “piano sing along” type entertainment (at least not in previous seasons). Something  I really missed on the Duchess, Countess & Empress, is the lack of music compared to the Queen.

On the Duchess, our late dinner service was so slow, we would miss the “late” night music. Very disappointing as the band is excellent.