LIVE The Oasis of the Seas 3/6-3/13/22

March 6,2022

Woke up way too early, watched some “Say Yes to the dress”.

Breakfast from Granier Bakery Brickell

Runny egg and bacon croissant sandwich and free squeezed OJ.

I am a picky eater and that sandwich was on the freshest, most flaky croissant ever. I wish I got a side of the croissant. It's good. I recommend this place, limited menu but so good.  Thanks to all who is reading this.

A9CA6EEC-CD55-4071-B336-0A942455885E.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Thank you for doing this live report. I'm very interested in hearing about your cruise experience from a mobility impaired point of view. You are helping more people than you know.

Have a great cruise!

You are so welcome, get wheelchair service at the port. I was the 5th person on the ship

• Like 2

Lyft is picking me up at 10:15am and I had a 10% discount. I will post more when I get to the ship.

Arrived at port at 10:30am, wheel chair assistance pushed me to security and then said I can wait in the “Suites waiting room”.

It’s nice, instead of waiting in line to check in, the Reps come to where you are sitting and check you in. Wish I could to afford to travel like this all the time.

I was the 5th person on the ship- I actually went up the ramp backwards.

Got my Aqua reservation and my cats reservation already.

First drink on the ship.

Iced Mocha. Stay tuned! Key lunch soon.

5D02D94A-262D-4FDF-89B2-7B3562085F25.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, smokeymtn51 said:

What times are the shows and do they perform every night? Our first time on Royal and leaving in 2 weeks on Oasis. I'll be following your reports closely.

Thank you for following me.

First times are Aqua 80

Second is Cats

Aqua 80

701ED497-9AAC-4017-86D5-641BBD875A18.png

C11D88AE-A398-4955-A37F-A7E53636FC84.png

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

Key Lunch

While sitting in the corner of the waiting room for the MDR deck 4, the lady seated everyone in the room and took new people. I waved to her and she sat me.

Dining room is pretty empty and they sat me next to a couple, not even 1 foot away.

Waiter came over and I asked to order a drink and he starts laughing and said “Oh you want alcohol” omg I started laughing and said I don’t have a drinking problem.

So the salad was really good and the service was excellent. The fillet was really dry, but the service made up for it. Left my comedy team a tip for their service.

90490455-B287-425B-A750-FA530CD6950E.jpeg

E7386D00-C5C8-4944-B958-8F02B0E48398.jpeg

2777C3DB-9512-41D6-9B3D-B25AAA65D755.jpeg

E3DCDAF2-A493-4DF1-849A-F9D1AB50ED27.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

At this point I’m really hurting because I didn’t have the walker.

I’m on deck 10 and my muster station is on deck 4 by Blazes. All over my reservation it shows I have walking issues.

I called guest services to see if they could change the location.. I called guest services and the guy on the phone ManSplained the muster station to me and hung up on me.

Got my walker but it is too wide for my door, if I turn it sideways and yank it goes through the door.

The hallway is wide enough for my walker so that’s good.

Every member I see out in the hallways has been really nice. I had several people ask me if I was OK because my face is red from walking.. 

So currently in laying on my couch resting to see if I feel better for later.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

At this point I’m really hurting because I didn’t have the walker.

I’m on deck 10 and my muster station is on deck 4 by Blazes. All over my reservation it shows I have walking issues.

I called guest services to see if they could change the location.. I called guest services and the guy on the phone ManSplained the muster station to me and hung up on me.

Got my walker but it is too wide for my door, if I turn it sideways and yank it goes through the door.

The hallway is wide enough for my walker so that’s good.

Every member I see out in the hallways has been really nice. I had several people ask me if I was OK because my face is red from walking.. 

So currently in laying on my couch resting to see if I feel better for later.

Boarding day is exhausting even without mobility problems. I hope you feel stronger after a rest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On a positive note, Apple Air Trackers for $29.00 each are great luggage trackers.

I was able to see when they were at the cruise port, and then when my luggage was delivered to my door it told me it’s with me.

I am currently sitting on my Park view balcony and I’m so happy I fit completely in my chair. I am +++ sized and I’m comfortable and it’s nice support for my aching back. There is a nice breeze and I feel like I’m included with everyone else.

I can’t wait till tonight when they bring live music to the park.

I think I’m going to order room service and chill tonight. 
If I eat, will post pictures and a review of the food.

Pics of my air tracker locations and my view of the slides from my patio

Stay tuned …

81B4B791-D529-419D-983B-CF4217325A7F.jpeg

EC4C3F95-788E-44F3-9E2D-8AD66D5FCC0D.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see you’re finally aboard a ship! I thought our 29 month break between cruises was far too long, but you certainly have me beat! I hope this cruise is everything you’ve been dreaming of, and more! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your cruise with us. I may fall behind a bit at times since there are so many live reviews going on this week, but I’ll be here with you until the end. 🛳😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smokeymtn51 said:

Maitaivegas, any idea on how may people on your cruise.

Idk but I don’t think there is that many of people.Johnny Rockets is closed for breakfast this whole cruise. Deck 5 MDR is also closed this whole sailing.

I will try to ask but I can’t promise .

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

YOU GO GIRL! I am so impressed.

Hey thank you, I will take that.

I feel better since last night.

Had to promise DD I wouldn’t stay in cabin all day.

It is so humid and walking around in a N19 not fun.

Stay tuned, I’m not going to Coco cay but I’m having fun today.

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

Glad to see you’re finally aboard a ship! I thought our 29 month break between cruises was far too long, but you certainly have me beat! I hope this cruise is everything you’ve been dreaming of, and more! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your cruise with us. I may fall behind a bit at times since there are so many live reviews going on this week, but I’ll be here with you until the end. 🛳😎

Omg thank you for that, this is a whole new world lol. I love the water jets under the rising tide it’s so soothing.

I am going to get into some fun today, a clue is I’m going to see a famous movie star today.

• Like 1

March 7th, 2022 5:35AM

Good Morning, it’s 73 degree F and Humidity is at 65%.
It seems like the AC in the cabin doesn’t work well, and the humidity is kicking my you know what.

So I figured how to collapse the stroller so I don’t damage it or my cabin. Re the A/C which way do I turn the dial to get the coldest air?

Miami weather man said this week will have high temperatures and next week a cold front is coming. 

So I’m at Cafe Promenade, I dragged my self down here for an iced mocha. Was told none till 6 am, the regular coffee here I wouldn’t give to my enemy.

So I am going to start my day at the Buffet and then find a place with a comfortable chair to sit in till lunch lol.

Stay tuned for food and drink pics and details about me seeing a movie star…

So would like to point out a few things to my friends with mobility issues. I had breakfast at the buffet, and the tables were so close together that my rollator would not fit thru the openings.

There was 1 opening for 10 tables and at the end of the other row there was no opening. If there was an emergency it would be very hard for me to exit.

If the cabin doors was  2 inches wider I would be able to get the walker thru without collapsing it.

The hallways were wide enough but I think anything wider would have issues.

98% of passengers have been really nice and let me go ahead of them.

All the crew have been great, I have been called Madam and think 1 make crew called me “Mama” I laughed that off. 
One lady wished me good morning in Spanish, I created her back in the same language. I’m Italian.

So I am getting my morning exercise, sitting on deck 15 on a lounge chair in the shade.

The water was so rough yesterday, boy the ship was rocking like crazy. Glad I have a lead stomach, never once got sick when I was pregnant.

Trivia at 10 am in Schooner bar, it’s a general knowledge one. I’m full of useless knowledge.

10am isn’t too early to drink, it’s 5 PM somewhere.

Will post picture of the walker I rented from ScootAround.

Not happy that they left scooter outside of my cabin.Stay tuned for drinks and D20234E9-D966-40A3-B00C-B70A70047852.thumb.jpeg.e75e3cd157aae454c2789072e81ca408.jpeg

FF0FE3E5-C168-4345-BEB2-6BD8C39CE8E6.thumb.jpeg.4f338b470152b247b9ae8ae09a9468fc.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

March 7th, 2022 5:35AM

Good Morning, it’s 73 degree F and Humidity is at 65%.

So I’m at Cafe Promenade, I dragged my self down here for an iced mocha. Was told none till 6 am, the regular coffee here I wouldn’t give to my enemy.

Enjoying your review.  That would be me waiting at Cafe Promenade before 6, saying, “What, no coffee!”  Hope you have a fun day today anyway