Majestic, Grand or Royal?

kaerofan

Looking at booking a last minute Alaska cruise on Princess before my credits expire (fingers crossed for Monday;s announcement on Vancouver) and noticed basically the same itinerary for 3 different ships.  Just looking for opinions/pros & cons for each? 

Do all three itineraries go through Glacier Bay?  I know in the past Royal did not (I'm not sure about Majestic).  I know when I looked we picked the Grand based on the itinerary going into Glacier Bay, but it's been long enough that I don't remember if it was soley because of that or also in part due to the dates of sailing.  

This might be a good question for the main Princess board, where people know the ships really well.

We've done Alaska on both Grand and Island, and have been on Royal in the Caribbean, but none of it recently. Grand at the time (2015) was a bit run down, but the crew was terrific and we had a great time. Royal and Majestic are newer and bigger but that's not necessarily a plus in Alaska. The verandas on Royal were tiny compared to what we had on Grand, so personally I'd pick the smaller, older ship with larger verandas. But we haven't cruised Princess in years, so Princess board posters would be a better source of info.