MSC Basics and Need to Know for newbies

McHaggis69

On 3/9/2022 at 12:54 AM, JCOvergaar said:

well, it says you can... but it errored on my platinum amex with an error message I cannot find on the internet except one link to cruisecritic which doesn't actually contain the message but must have at some point. My visa seemed to work,  but it never shows if it saved or not, and if you go back into checkin, it shows up as empty.  And they can't do it over the phone, either. 

This checkin process is one of the worst, most frustrating web forms I've seen in a while, and I do this stuff for a living so I've been assigned a lot of really bad ones to fix. Like... how do you not mention that a couple of the lines of the form are referring to emergency contacts? How the heck is anyone supposed to know that? That's not even code, that's just a label that any common sense would have put in there.

Every time I go into the checkin form it wipes out some of the data I put in previously. I had to call support to get my gender set properly and to have our voyager's club numbers associated with us... and then when we tried to put the cards in, it wiped those out again, as well as some other fields of the passenger data. And now we can't print out our boarding information anymore. I keep getting mail from MSC saying that things have changed with our booking when neither of us have done anything to it... our diamond and gold statuses keep disappearing and reappearing. It's just been a very, very frustrating experience for something that should be absolutely seamless.

I have experienced all those problems and more. In November, my MSC account (and I am Diamond) disappeared. After trying for over a month (give it a week, give it a month...) I gave up. The agents on the phone are pleasant, but they can do little to help with many of our problems.