Camp Ocean Update?

TheLawrences

My husband and I are sailing with our two kids (ages 11 and 9) and another family (son, age 8). The kids are vaccinated and we are sailing during spring break (so lots of kids I assume). Does anyone have recent experience of Camp Ocean and their activities? Are the activities limited? Does they take the kids to activities throughout the ship? Thanks.

• Like 1

When we sailed on the Legend in Early Feb. the camp was open on Sea Days from 9am - 12pm, closed for lunch, 2pm - 5pm , closed for dinner 7pm - 10pm close.

So basically they opened for 3 hour blocks throughout the day/night  and usually had an hour of free time, an hour of craft time , an hour of game time.  The last night they had a farewell party with games and prizes. Also i recall one movie night.

They did say while in port if the kids were to remain on the ship they would stay open and feed them lunch/dinner but we always left the ship and took our daughter with us so we never did that.

All the activities, at least on our trip/ship, they stayed in the Camp Ocean area. 

• Like 1

hey hey!! What cruise yall taking? Im on the March 21st from Long Beach and I took that same cruise just a few months ago but they wouldnt allow anyone under 12 to sail at that point so I only have a 12 yr old experience for you. I was a bit disappointed in the amount of activities available compared to pre Covid (I'm sailing this time with my 12 Y/o and 9 y/o). I saw the activities chart for my cruise for the 6-8 y/o and it looked fairly full, but not as much as there was pre covid. Kiddos will have fun no matter what! Heres the post: 

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1