Assigned specialty restaurants

rsail203

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

It’s not from a TA but was included as a promotional Princess booking benefit.

Have the same issue and hasn't changed since final payment.  Sailing this Sunday, guess will have to wait till we board.  

35 minutes ago, ClassyApplePie said:

Will be on Discovery April 17 & just booked Princess booking promo for specialty restaurant. Although app ask for credit card info, scroll down to see promo credit applied.

I have been on the phone both with Princess Corporate HQ and with the Medallion App team TODAY. 

Apparently for SOME PEOPLE the promo credit shows up and gets applied, for OTHERS it does not.  HQ said the Medallion folks could fix it and gave me a number to call.  I called.  The agent told me that it would NOT be immediately charged to my credit card...that it would go on my account and only be charged or credited once onboard.  I asked again several times.  Same answer each time--"no problem". With him still on the line, I clicked on it...and, Voila!  My credit card (from whom I get alerts) IMMEDIATELY charged my card!  I asked to speak to a supervisor--who promised me she would fix it and call me back...That was three hours ago...NO CALL BACK YET... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bruin Steve said:

I have been on the phone both with Princess Corporate HQ and with the Medallion App team TODAY. 

Apparently for SOME PEOPLE the promo credit shows up and gets applied, for OTHERS it does not.  HQ said the Medallion folks could fix it and gave me a number to call.  I called.  The agent told me that it would NOT be immediately charged to my credit card...that it would go on my account and only be charged or credited once onboard.  I asked again several times.  Same answer each time--"no problem". With him still on the line, I clicked on it...and, Voila!  My credit card (from whom I get alerts) IMMEDIATELY charged my card!  I asked to speak to a supervisor--who promised me she would fix it and call me back...That was three hours ago...NO CALL BACK YET... 

Yeah-  I've tried mine several times and it only comes up with a credit card option.... 😞  I thought maybe it was an issue that you had to be past final payment, but that didn't work either.  

We were on Majestic in November in a suite.  We booked our complimentary at Bistro about 6 weeks before sail date and no problem - did not charge our credit card.

We are on Discovery, April 10th.  We get the complimentary specialty dining first night and we got a 2nd complimentary specialty dining that was a Princess promotion.  Have made reservations for 1st night at Bistro and later in the week at Sabatini's.  Cc has been charged for both bookings - go figure.  Think we will just wait until on board and talk to passenger services.

On 3/7/2022 at 8:28 AM, rsail203 said:

We each have $29 OBC  for specialty restaurants. My Travel Agent tells me that there is no choice to be had for the day, time, or choice of restaurant. They will be assigned when we get on board and if we don't like the assignment, it's unlikely that we can change it when we get on board. Is this true? I find it hard to believe that we have no choice in this matter. What has happened in this situation in the past?

Not true at all , I’ve changed it the last 2 cruises.