NYC to Canada NCL Cruise in August - testing?

MarLieb

We are interested in booking a NYC to Canada cruise on NCL for August, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the testing requirements will play out to adhere to Canada's requirements.  I read that we need to test 72 hours prior to disembarking in Canada, but the first Canadian port isn't until day 4 of the cruise.  Will this mean we will have to test prior to boarding in NYC and then, again, on the ship to disembark in Canada on day 4?  

Good question and it looks like that is the case right now. We are booked on the Joy NE/Canada out of NY in Sept and will have the same issue. It says you can have an antigen test within 1 day of scheduled arrival so NCL would have to provide that. Hoping restrictions change by then!

image.png.728ba006e5b1c2cb39046b962c7e409f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarLieb said:

We are interested in booking a NYC to Canada cruise on NCL for August, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the testing requirements will play out to adhere to Canada's requirements.  I read that we need to test 72 hours prior to disembarking in Canada, but the first Canadian port isn't until day 4 of the cruise.  Will this mean we will have to test prior to boarding in NYC and then, again, on the ship to disembark in Canada on day 4?  

Follow the instructions from the cruise line at the time of your cruise and not stuff you read on the Internet. The cruise lines will have agreed protocols with each port of call at the time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Follow the instructions from the cruise line at the time of your cruise and not stuff you read on the Internet. The cruise lines will have agreed protocols with each port of call at the time. 

Sure - I would just like to know what those protocols will be prior to booking.  I know Canada just revised their protocols yesterday, so I guess I will just wait to see if more info is released by NCL. 

16 hours ago, MarLieb said:

We are in the same boat (pun intended) on the west coast for an Alaskan/repositioning. Except that it is the first cruise on the Alaskan Season, and is next month, so nothing to use as an example and no way to check what others have experienced.  Canada will be strictly a pass through for us as we are going from the ship to the airport at disembarkation.  not even a tour.  I dont know if I should order proctored tests to take with us or not.  Following closely.  So far, nothing from NCL.  I have sent an email to Transport Canada via their website, explaining our scenario - no response as of yet.

• Like 1

Requirements can change but this is from the Canadian government dated yesterday, which @Indyopie quoted.   You should always check with the cruise  line as well. well. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html?fbclid=IwAR0EHOSGZulnP3gX1ZGt420vv16fFUb1N4xfuyzeSQJz4Vjjr0qfdLWgaCM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarLieb said:

Sure - I would just like to know what those protocols will be prior to booking.  I know Canada just revised their protocols yesterday, so I guess I will just wait to see if more info is released by NCL. 

Protocols could change tomorrow, next week, month, etc. There is no real answer at this time.

Stay Safe

• Like 1