When are cabins usually assigned P&O early saver?

Megan.A.C

Hi, my first ever cruise is due to sail in 10 days and we still have not had our cabin assigned. I'm not able to print baggage labels or e-tickets until it has been assigned. I'm hoping that they don't do it on the first day of the holiday as we have a 9 hour flight to get to the departure port! When should I expect a P&O early saver cabin to be assigned?

Edited by Megan.A.C

I received my cabin allocation yesterday for A206, I got an email yesterday afternoon. I have just been able to print luggage labels and e-tickets, it seemed to take 24 hours for the personaliser to catch up.

I also booked early saver. Now just got to do the remaining paperwork before heading off to Gatwick on 17th ready for my flight.

• Like 1

My e ticket says our embarkation slot slot is at 1pm despite the chartered flight from Gatwick landing at 4pm. I assume this won't be a problem as P&O booked the flight, but does anyone know whether these time slots usually quite strict? 

1 minute ago, Megan.A.C said:

My e ticket says our embarkation slot slot is at 1pm despite the chartered flight from Gatwick landing at 4pm. I assume this won't be a problem as P&O booked the flight, but does anyone know whether these time slots usually quite strict? 

It won't be a problem, normally you get off the plane onto a coach and are taken directly to the ship where you complete the required form/photograph/credit card details etc. Your luggage then appears outside your cabin. I would advise you to put a change of cloths in your hand luggage, sometimes the luggage can be delayed when several flights come in at similar times, we always like to shower and change once onboard as you can feel a bit grubby by the time you get aboard. Enjoy your first cruise.