PCR test requirements for Barbados

FluffyFiFi

I’m on the transatlantic going from Barbados, several days at sea and first port Gran Canaria followed by Cadiz and final destination Malta. Despite only having a few hours in Barbados P&O are insisting we need the three day PCR test and certificate. Does anyone think they will change this as the tests are really expensive and now unnecessary following Barbados and our own Foreign Office advice? 

I am also following this very closely as I am on this voyage.

P&O update their requirements weekly - next one due on 9th March (published 10th March).

There is a SLIM chance they will change, but I think it unlikely for a couple of reasons.

1. The current LFT test, while clinician supervised so meeting Babados requirements, does not produce a QR-Code / Certificate. Instead the testing partners just place a sticker on your passport.  The sticker is not enough to satisfy Barbados, so P&O would have to ask them to provide certification - presumably at an additional cost to P&O
  2. With this being the last Barbados cruise, will P&O really change their process for just one Cruise with (allegedly) just 500 passengers, or will they just let it remain.

8 hours ago, ferretktf said:

I am also following this very closely as I am on this voyage.

P&O update their requirements weekly - next one due on 9th March (published 10th March).

There is a SLIM chance they will change, but I think it unlikely for a couple of reasons.

1. The current LFT test, while clinician supervised so meeting Babados requirements, does not produce a QR-Code / Certificate. Instead the testing partners just place a sticker on your passport.  The sticker is not enough to satisfy Barbados, so P&O would have to ask them to provide certification - presumably at an additional cost to P&O
  2. With this being the last Barbados cruise, will P&O really change their process for just one Cruise with (allegedly) just 500 passengers, or will they just let it remain.

I think you are right as it’s easier for them to leave it as it is, it’s a shame as it’s so expensive.

500 on Azura for relocation

Source - social media post by a passenger currently on board who asked the question of the staff - guess it does need to be taken with a small pinch of salt as i would have thought that "regular" staff would only have anecdotal knowledge - but they might have asked the Captain!  However it does appear that the ship will be quite quiet - I have been allocated a much better cabin than i expected for example.

I would imagine that the Britannia relocation would have a broadly similar proportion of numbers to Azura, however many that ultimately turns out to be - i guess the Southampton disembarkation might be attractive for some

Mrs Red Ray and I are also on this cruise. She has just booked our PCR tests for next Wednesday and I think they are costing a non-refundable £80 each. Hoping everything goes ok as I'd like to be on Azura with just 500 pax! We only booked it 2 weeks ago and got an absolute bargain.