Listing only 2 Excursion for Belize after Itinerary change

Retiredmedic

Vista 3-19-2022 route changed from Jamacia, Grand Cayman and Cozumel to Mahagony Bay, Belize and Cozumel. I am all for the change as I am not a huge fan Jamacia and Grand Cayman. They changed it on 3-4-2020 and did not post any excursions till today. They show 14 excursions for Mahagony Bay but only 2 for Belize. Those two excursions are going to be really crowded, hope they can handly 4,000 people.

12 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

Vista 3-19-2022 route changed from Jamacia, Grand Cayman and Cozumel to Mahagony Bay, Belize and Cozumel. I am all for the change as I am not a huge fan Jamacia and Grand Cayman. They changed it on 3-4-2020 and did not post any excursions till today. They show 14 excursions for Mahagony Bay but only 2 for Belize. Those two excursions are going to be really crowded, hope they can handly 4,000 people.

Make it a port day, or a ship day. And I doubt 4,000 people will opt for one of these excursions. :classic_wink:

Just now, Joe817 said:

Make it a port day, or a ship day. And I doubt 4,000 people will opt for one of these excursions. :classic_wink:

Probably wait till crowds die down, tender in, girlfriend will want to buy junk there. Also the local beer there is pretty yummy.

1 minute ago, Retiredmedic said:

Probably wait till crowds die down, tender in, girlfriend will want to buy junk there. Also the local beer there is pretty yummy.

After my excursion to Altun Ha, we bussed back to the 'port area', and I stumbled upon the "Thirsty Lizard" bar and grill right on the water. I fell in love with it, and could stay there allllll day, drinking the local Belikin beer and people watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

After my excursion to Altun Ha, we bussed back to the 'port area', and I stumbled upon the "Thirsty Lizard" bar and grill right on the water. I fell in love with it, and could stay there allllll day, drinking the local Belikin beer and people watch. 

Just put that in my notes on my phone. Thanks for the tip.

3 minutes ago, junglecat said:

Take the San Pedro water taxi to Caye Caulker for a few hours!  We've done this several times and this is by far, hands down the most tropical paradise you'll discover.  

I've looked at that. Just don't know if we want to hang on the beach for 2 days as we are doing Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

3 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

I've looked at that. Just don't know if we want to hang on the beach for 2 days as we are doing Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

You will LOVE Nachi Cocum. We went there for the all day inclusive, the day after we did Belize! I want to go back! To BOTH places! :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

Trying to avoid 2 beach days in a row. Girlfriend has no interest in seeing Myan ruins.

Ah I see. I don't know anything about the ruins. We just hung out in the chairs, had some yummy food, enjoyed the beer and live music. Some people snorkeled at Goff's Caye to see the reef. Maybe you can find something fun! 🙂

Had an amazing day with King David!  

We are enjoying our time in Belize. King David picked us up for a day full of adventures. We went to the zoo and saw lots of animals. We met a little girl that lost her mother in September and we took her school supplies for her and her sister. Went to a local grocery store and then we ate lunch at a local restaurant.

Highly recommend David Castillo!