Pearl Harbot Tickets -USS Arizona

mousefan73

Good news, I dont know if it's luck but I got just now 2 tickets for May 2nd. and could chose almost all day any time.

My question is what else do we need? We got the online USS Arizona direct from recreation.gov.. It says show up one hour before. but do we need any other general entrance? It's so hard to get real infos as it seems so many 3rd parties make websites that seem official to make money off of local tours.

Also our tour is at 11:30 we will get there just after 10.. does anyone know if parking is an issue? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, scottca075 said:

Here is the official National Park Service website.

https://www.nps.gov/perl/index.htm

Parking isn't an issue and there is no other access required.

@scottca075 you seem to know alot here can you or somebody answer this questions.

1. I was able to get 11:30 USS Arizone.. I see that 10am is also available but our ship is showing all ashore at 8:30.. so I think a 10am is cutting it too close. and I dont know do they allow double bookings?? I dont see an option to change times or return.

2. I assume bag storage is always available or is there limited space. We have to bring a bag for later in the day.

3. Without paying for other tours, there is enough to see ( movie and museum) without other tickets..

4. Can we shop gift shop before Arizona? or is this only at the end.

thanks!

1. They say they'd like you there an hour before your shuttle to the USS Arizona Memorial, but if you are there 50 minut4es before or even a bit less, you are fine. It is only a 15-20 drive from the pier to Pearl Harbor and there are plenty of cabs and Ubers available.

2. Because they don't allow bags into Pearl Harbor itself, they have lots of storage for luggage.

3. Enough to see is a judgment call. Going to the memorial itself is enough for me. We lived on Oahu and my father was stationed at Pearl when the memorial opened; there weren't any other 'attractions' then, just a waiting area for the shuttle and over the years they've added the movie, the museums and the other ships. But I'd say yes, there is enough to see without additional fees.

4. You can shop at the bookstore anytime as far as I know.

On 3/29/2022 at 7:35 AM, scottca075 said:

1. They say they'd like you there an hour before your shuttle to the USS Arizona Memorial, but if you are there 50 minut4es before or even a bit less, you are fine. It is only a 15-20 drive from the pier to Pearl Harbor and there are plenty of cabs and Ubers available.

2. Because they don't allow bags into Pearl Harbor itself, they have lots of storage for luggage.

3. Enough to see is a judgment call. Going to the memorial itself is enough for me. We lived on Oahu and my father was stationed at Pearl when the memorial opened; there weren't any other 'attractions' then, just a waiting area for the shuttle and over the years they've added the movie, the museums and the other ships. But I'd say yes, there is enough to see without additional fees.

4. You can shop at the bookstore anytime as far as I know.

Regarding answers #1 and 2 above-

1. Thank you for mentioning that there are a lot of taxis waiting to take people from the ship to Pearl Harbor. Do you happen to know if there are taxis waiting to take people from Pearl Harbor to the airport?

2. We will have 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks with us to store at Pearl Harbor. Do we lock up our luggage ourselves and carry a key with us or is there a staffed check in luggage area and the luggage is positioned altogether? In your experience there, how safe do you think it is to hand off your belongings to store? I understand that we can't bring anything along with us other than what will fit in our pockets so I am a little uneasy about storing our luggage.

Thank you for sharing your great knowledge with us!

I don't know if there are cabs waiting, I think it just depends on the day and time, but get a card from the cab that drops you off and call him a little before you are ready to leave.

The baggage storage is a separate, secure facility. I would be very confident leaving everything with them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am very frustrated as I just booked an October 2022 cruise to Hawaii and the excursion tickets for Pearl Harbor are already sold out!!  That is one of the main reasons we wanted to visit!  Any suggestions?  

Thanks

You DO NOT want to do an excursion to Pearl Harbor. Read the two websites below,

https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/233338/ticket/16

That is the reservation site.

https://www.hawaii.com/culture-historic-info/tickets-uss-arizona-memorial/

That is the site for general information. You can book 8 weeks in advance, or the day before.

It is very easy to get a cab to go to Pearl Harbor.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, scottca075 said:

You DO NOT want to do an excursion to Pearl Harbor. Read the two websites below,

https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/233338/ticket/16

That is the reservation site.

https://www.hawaii.com/culture-historic-info/tickets-uss-arizona-memorial/

That is the site for general information. You can book 8 weeks in advance, or the day before.

It is very easy to get a cab to go to Pearl Harbor.

GREAT INFO, thank you so much!!!