Escape Review 2/26/22

Trish Traveler

So sad to hear the news of the ship grounding in the DR this week.  Glad the Escape has been freed and thankful there was no danger to passengers.  But I really feel bad for those onboard having their vacation cut short.  Especially those working, without flexible vacation time.  Although at least the compensation sounds very fair.  I hope it is a fairly quick fix.  For those with upcoming cruises, I hope you can find an alternate cruise that works for you, especially those sailing on 3/19, as we know that is cancelled for sure.  I understand from other posts that many have booked on at least 3 choices offered.  Travelling in pandemic has been challenging enough, but I feel empathy for all the extra stress many of you are dealing with now.  I am also thinking of the crew as this is another disruption in their return to cruising and possibly their income with tips.  I'm not making light of the subject but as cruisers, most of us share a deep love the ocean, but we may sometimes forget that it is a moving entity, in addition to weather factors and therefore "ship happens" occasionally.  Wishing all safe journeys.

• Like 1