How far out from the sailing do they mail the room keys/bands?

abaci

Just curious how far out from departure we can expect to receive the room key/bands? We are 17 days out and for the last few have been hoping they will be in the mailbox, but nothing yet. 

Our rock star "roadie" told us, on the phone, that Virgin is no longer mailing the wrist bands. Instead, sailors will receive them upon check in.  We sail in two days and have received nothing, so that info appears valid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pl281 said:

We are sailing on the 23rd out of Miami and got them about 2 weeks ago - we also booked back in September so perhaps it is also based on when you booked

Could be when you book. We booked and paid on 12/16/2021 and sail on the 27th. 

I received one band on 19th February for a cruise that should have started on 18th April. Of note, only one band came for our party of 2. I had a UK address where the app said they didn't post out to UK customers. 

It was a miracle it actually arrived, as the address label had my name, then a bunch of letters and numbers that included my postcode. Amazingly, it arrived, even though there's a load of addresses with the same postcode. Combination of sheer luck, and probably a lot of home shopping deliveries. But if the second band had the same address layout, probably explains why I only got the one.

For our previous cruise, no band was sent out, we were given bands at check-in instead. So if your bands don't arrive, don't worry. 

On 3/11/2022 at 6:28 AM, F14Scott said:

Our rock star "roadie" told us, on the phone, that Virgin is no longer mailing the wrist bands. Instead, sailors will receive them upon check in.  We sail in two days and have received nothing, so that info appears valid.

I'm sailing, today.  Got this message, in the app at about 0600 local.

Screenshot_20220313-084220_Virgin Voyages.jpg