Pre-cruise testing: NCL easy, darn it... AND will RCL accept CVS Pharmacy antigen test results?

Stumbled across this info this morning as I attempted to schedule a CVS antigen test for my upcoming voyage; sure would be nice if RCL were offering complimentary testing, too... 🥴

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/cruise-line-voluntary-testing

I scheduled an appointment time, but now I am worried that the test may not be accepted at the pier because of a little line of text that says the CVS antigen test is not accepted for travel. 😵 Stress level rising... and I was hoping for a stress free holiday, lol. I will repeat....   sure would be nice if RCL were offering complimentary testing, too... 🥴

cvs antigen test not accepted for travel image.JPG

Edited by patrioticgirl
spacing

Just now, patrioticgirl said:

I am worried that the test may not be accepted at the pier because of a little line of text that says the CVS antigen test is not accepted for travel.

Ignore that - it works fine to get on an RCI sailing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

Used CVS rapid test many times to board RCL.  Walgreens works as well BTW.

I had no problem using the Walgreens Pharmacy antigen test results in December; I especially liked that Walgreens offered two different types of rapid tests and I was able to call RCL to verify if those tests were accepted. Walgreens only books appointments 7 days out, thought... and since CVS lists appointments 13 days out, I thought I would get a jump on things and schedule with them this time. I do not recognize the name of the the CVS test that I have scheduled (LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Ag Test) as one that was available the last time I took the antigen test , though.  I may call to confirm with RC so I can find a backup if needed. 

Edited by patrioticgirl

As others have told you, the Rapid antigen test from CVS is just fine for Royal

By the way, as of March 1, NCL testing is now similar to Royal’s.   Well, NCL maybe a little harder, as last time I checked NCL had only specified PCR or antigen; they not said if NAAT tests are OK (brain dead decision, IMHO, but they should put it in writing)

• Like 1

Think about all warnings.  They put the warning up, so that you actually need to look and think.  For example, it is OK for RCCL out of Florida, but it is not OK for RCCL out of Vancouver.  So now you need to pause and think about it, verify it and make your own decision. By that simple statement, it made you ask and verify. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Think about all warnings.  They put the warning up, so that you actually need to look and think.  For example, it is OK for RCCL out of Florida, but it is not OK for RCCL out of Vancouver.  So now you need to pause and think about it, verify it and make your own decision. By that simple statement, it made you ask and verify. 

I do not have Vancouver on my itinerary this year, so perhaps you can help me find what I may have missed.  I thought the new Canadian rules would allow antigen tests (such as that CVS test) if taken within 1 day of boarding (plus the vaccination rules plus rules for entering Canada if applicable).  Is that incorrect or are there extra rules for Vancouver or something else?  I thought I probably used proctored antigen test if I have a Canada stop while that protocol in in force.