Azamara Land Package confirmation

Zermatt

• 5 months later...

We just booked a land package with our cruise and wonder the same thing. It is preceding the cruise and we need to buy our air. If we are going to fly in that much early, I’d like to know if it’s a go or if we need to find a tour company to do something on our own. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, trk_koa said:

We just booked a land package with our cruise and wonder the same thing. It is preceding the cruise and we need to buy our air. If we are going to fly in that much early, I’d like to know if it’s a go or if we need to find a tour company to do something on our own. 

Hi trk_koa,

At 89 days out I was getting anxious about the land package although ours was post cruise. I went on Azamara website and did a "Chat" and found out that they did not have enough participants to do the land package but they said they might get more.  Since their rules stated that the land package had to be booked by 90 days of the sailing I didn't think it was likely.  I then called my travel agent and gave them the information I received, and they contacted Azamara to cancel and refund my money since I had already paid in full.  Azamara wanted me to wait and see but I requested they cancel and refund.  They did as requested and I received the refund within 10 days.  Then I went to work on finding a private tour company to replace the land package I had cancelled.  It all worked out fine, as I found a great tour to fill the void.

I don't know the date of your cruise, but if the rules say that the pre or post land packages must be booked by 90 days from sailing, I would have a plan B.  Good Luck and enjoy your cruise. 

What land package is it BTW?  We are leaving on a cruise at the end of the month with a post-cruise package. Have no idea what their minimum was for the land package, but we have all of our docs for the land package. I'm curious to see how many will end up on the package. We are going with another couple that we know, so we know that we will be having a great time!

We are booked on the Machu Picchu tour prior to sailing the  Pursuit Antarctica cruise in January. 90 days out would be October 4, 2022. 

How far out did you get your tour docs?

Edited by trk_koa

My tour docs were incorporated in with the cruise docs, at 30 days prior.  We made final payment, and my clients did get an email about a week prior asking for their flight details (they didn't use Azamara's choice air). The tour docs were really just a very thorough tour description with pertinent details and contact information.  Seems quite organized,. We are doing the Lake Como and Milan  tour.

52 minutes ago, trk_koa said:

We decided to remove the land portion and book a separate tour privately. That way we will be in control and get to see exactly what we want to see. My DH really wants to see the Nazca Lines. 

trk_koa, 

I'm sure you will have a wonderful private tour.  We got to see exactly what we wanted to see also, so it's a win - win.  Enjoy your fabulous time on Azamara and your own land tour.  

• Like 1