Help disabled and Covid testing at Gatwick North

nightfires

Hi

I’m flying from Gatwick to Barbados on 25/03/2022 to join Britannia.

I have just received the Covid testing requirements and have no idea how I will be able to walk to the bus etc.

I struggle to walk more than a short distance. I also quickly deplete my physical and mental energy. I do not use a wheel chair.

I always pre plan my journeys I am staying at the Sofitel Hotel the night before and have assistance booked from check in to the gate. Having looked at the airport maps I can’t see how I can walk with my bag from the Hotel to the bus stop and then in reverse from the bus stop to check in. 

Does anyone know if P & O will accept the ExpressTesting in the terminal, as that seems doable? The cost is not an issue.

Alternatively is it possible to do the test the night before?

I will contact P &O tomorrow but this has upset me so much tonight I hoped someone could answer my questions. 

Thank you

I hope that P&O have been able to assist you by now.  I take it from your question that P&O’s testing at the airport was not in the North Terminal but off-site?  Have you resolved the issue with them?  

I should have thought that Express testing would have been acceptable.  We used their drive-through service near Gatwick in January the day before our flight to the USA but when I saw the one in the terminal - we were at the Premier Inn next door to Sofitel - it would have been easier to go there the night before.

Thank you for replying.

P & O advised that I have to use their approved test centre which is a 15 minute bus ride away. The problem for me is the walk to the bus stop. As I am registered for assistance I have been told to go to the desk and they will sort assistance for me. Sadly they won’t accept a test done the night before.

• Like 1