Venice embarkation overnighter

Fishboy1947

We are looking to book our first Celebrity Mediterranean cruise. The embarkation is Venice, actually Ravenna 2+ hours away. The itinerary shows an overnighter in Ravenna. I assume that we can forgo the first night and just arrive at the ship on the departure day. But I’ve traveled enough to not assume anything.We would prefer staying in Venice

Does anyone have experience with this or a similar embarkation experience?

I’d call Celebrity to get an answer to this - i’m on the 13 Oct sailing which departs 2pm so if your timings are similar you’d need an early start to get to Ravenna from Venice. Could always do a post cruise stay in Venice. Like you say 2 hr + Journey to Ravenna. Bologna (where i’m flying into from London - again quite a distance to get to Ravenna) is another lovely place for a pre/post stay

22 hours ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

I’d call Celebrity to get an answer to this - i’m on the 13 Oct sailing which departs 2pm so if your timings are similar you’d need an early start to get to Ravenna from Venice. Could always do a post cruise stay in Venice. Like you say 2 hr + Journey to Ravenna. Bologna (where i’m flying into from London - again quite a distance to get to Ravenna) is another lovely place for a pre/post stay

Called today and was immediately assured that I could arrive on departure day and the first day is merely for our convenience. When I asked if there was anywhere where I could see this in writing I got an immediate dial tone. Will have to try again

Our departure time is 5:00 PM so we should have plenty of time from Venice but will plan carefully. I have seen listings of private transportation direct from Venice to port. With a party of 5 this may be justified. Our cruise ends in Rome(Civitavecchia)