Solo cruiser in the Main dining room

charlesr1966

In January on the Majestic I just asked to be seated at the shared table anytime I wanted to join other people. It was very easy. sometimes at breakfast or lunch I sat at a table for two and talked with other solo travelers seated next to me.

Edited by ghgeckos

On 3/12/2022 at 10:11 AM, charlesr1966 said:

I'm sailing on the Ruby Princess in April. I am sailing solo. I don't mind eating alone but would prefer eating with others. Any experience people can share. Thank you in advance.

They should be able to seat you with others on your first night. Pretty much most lines are pretty skilled in this manor. I think you'll do fine. You may find a group you may want to dine with for most of the cruise.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:11 AM, charlesr1966 said:

I'm sailing on the Ruby Princess in April. I am sailing solo. I don't mind eating alone but would prefer eating with others. Any experience people can share. Thank you in advance.

Use DMW in MC App and book your dining time(s) and request shared table option.

Just got off the Majestic Princess and here is the deal with "shared" tables.  You can set up your dining preference (time, share/no share, table size, etc) for each night prior to boarding with your Medallion app on your phone once your cruise fare is fully paid. You need to download the app from like from Google store. You can also set up your dining once you on onboard with your cabin TV or with any staff. There is no more first or second seating. Once you enter the dining room the staff will scan your Medallion. Make sure you insisted on a shared table.  Several times I was put at a large table of 10 with NO one there.  So...It might take a while for the staff to fill the table. Once I had to wait about 20 minutes. It just felt awkward seated alone, but eventually other people were seated.  It all depends upon how busy the dining is and how many people want to share and what time you want to dining. It might be harder to share the later you dine.  Most time they were able to fill the table; but several time it was just with another couple. But whatever the case...I found most people very enjoyable to dine with.