scuba and snorkle

infopaul

I'm going on a cruise with Holland America on 25 March and I need some info on scuba diving in two of the ports. The one I'm having the most trouble with is diving in Guatemala, Santo Tomas de Castilla. There is no dive excursion offered in this port and I wanted to book something. Is there a reputable dive operation I can contact. If you've been there done that, please help. The other is in Mahahual, Mexico. I wanted to dive Chinchorro Bank. Any info on this and it's surrounding dive sites would help me make a decision on where I want to dive, but more important is that under the time frame I will be there, if I cannot dive Chinchorro then where on the barrier reef would be best.

• 1 month later...
I'm going on a cruise with Holland America on 25 March and I need some info on scuba diving in two of the ports. The one I'm having the most trouble with is diving in Guatemala, Santo Tomas de Castilla. There is no dive excursion offered in this port and I wanted to book something. Is there a reputable dive operation I can contact. If you've been there done that, please help. The other is in Mahahual, Mexico. I wanted to dive Chinchorro Bank. Any info on this and it's surrounding dive sites would help me make a decision on where I want to dive, but more important is that under the time frame I will be there, if I cannot dive Chinchorro then where on the barrier reef would be best.

I dove with Maya Palms Resort in Mahajual. They do the reef and the banks. Banks is iffy and a day by day call this time of year due to wind/sea conditions. Highly recommeded. I've heard diving in Guatamala isn't worth it which may be why you're having trouble finding an operator.

Archived