Viking River Cruises Hotel in Berlin?

loriva

We are booked on Viking River Cruises'  "Christmas along the Elbe" cruisetour this December.  DH has never been to Berlin before (and I was last there in 1980) so we want to add an additional night beyond the two included with the Viking cruisetour.  We'd like, of course, to stay in the same hotel as Viking will use for the cruisetour to avoid having to change hotels.  This will be our first trip with Viking.  So, a few questions for those who have had hotel stays in Berlin with Viking.

--Viking offers a pre-cruise extension, which lists the hotel to be used as the Grand Hyatt Berlin.  Does Viking tend to use the same hotel for its pre-cruise packages as its cruisetours?  (Adding to my confusion is this.  The description of the pre-cruise extension starts with "Arrive in Berlin, then transfer to your hotel located on the historic Gendarmenmarkt Square..."  The Grand Hyatt is, of course, NOT on that square.  According to Google Maps, it is 1.6km/1.0 mile from the hotel to the square.)

--What hotels has Viking used for those who have had overnights in Berlin?  From reading various CC.com threads and reviews over the past few months, I;ve seen the Intercontinental, Hilton, and Steigenberger Hotel Am Kanzleramt mentioned.  Of those, the Hilton is located across from Gendarmenmarkt Square.

--When does Viking normally provide details on its cruises and cruisetours, including hotel to be used?

Many thanks,