Seashore March 12

mlbdude

11 minutes ago, maggiepfe said:

. If these types of issues don’t bother you

All these issues bother all of us. We never eat in the buffets on any ship, except late after the theatre for a second dessert when all the crowds are gone. We've been upset for the last 50 years with chair hogs, until one finally realizes one has to 'bite the bullet' and finally get a cabin with a decent balcony to have ones place in the 'sun/shade'.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

10 hours ago, maggiepfe said:

It was $360 + tax so like $414 total for a couple. If you’re gold status or above you can get a 10% discount to $372 total - still not worth it in its current state. 

I agree, not worth it! We were going to buy them but they went up $100 for a couple the last couple weeks.

20 hours ago, maggiepfe said:

There are between 2800-3000 on board and the ship can hold max of 5000. 

According to official info MSC Seashore has a max capacity of 5,877 passengers (that's when even all the beds in the 3- and 4-bed cabins are booked).
And by double occupancy in all the cabins the max number of passengers is 4,540.
(I was myself employed during 12 years at MSC Cruises, within sales (as a Key Account Manager). I voluntarily quit Sept 2018 as I not any longer proudly could represent the quality and the standard of MSC's cruise product. However, by all means: We all may have different expectations and requirements when it comes to what we accept... 😉)

Edited by Frode

Well, I sail 4/16, which is Easter week.  I'm afraid there will be lots and lots of people.  I broke down and splurged (for me) on a balcony just for that reason.

Good thing I'm an early riser.  There's often very few in the buffet for breakfast when I'm there.  Lunch may be a problem.

And good thing I try to take the stairs when I cruise.  I get more exercise when on a ship than any other time.  But this is a huge ship.  The trick is to climb 4 or 5 decks, then walk while you catch your breath to another stairwell, take another 4-5 decks, walks some more, climb, walk until you finally reach your destination (or pass out).

• Like 2

Day 3 Port Day

No issue with long lines today but most of the ship was off on Cozumel.  Our plan is to schedule around MDR when it is available and do specialty dining for the times it’s not open during the upcoming sea days.

Food for meals has been good.  Menu is smaller than it was pre-Covid so choices are more limited.  Pot pie was was the additional random item tonight.

Elevators just don’t work right.  When we are “full” at 3000 guests expect to wait 10 to 20 minutes to get an elevator.  Will be extra fun when the ship is really full.

Covid protocols are pretty good with exception to the elevators.  Signs for 4 max but I don’t blame anyone for packing them at this point.  Mask wearing is about 90% compliant.

Crew is fantastic.  They are clearly working their tails off.

I think they are a little too aggressive with the upcharge items, still getting pestered for upgrades. 

Forgot to add, show was cancelled last night due to weather.  Ship was rocking heavily.  Not following the weather but seas have been very rough, I am sure some people are taking their motion sickness drugs.

Edited by mlbdude
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mlbdude said:

Day 3 Port Day

No issue with long lines today but most of the ship was off on Cozumel.  Our plan is to schedule around MDR when it is available and do specialty dining for the times it’s not open during the upcoming sea days.

Food for meals has been good.  Menu is smaller than it was pre-Covid so choices are more limited.  Pot pie was was the additional random item tonight.

Elevators just don’t work right.  When we are “full” at 3000 guests expect to wait 10 to 20 minutes to get an elevator.  Will be extra fun when the ship is really full.

Covid protocols are pretty good with exception to the elevators.  Signs for 4 max but I don’t blame anyone for packing them at this point.  Mask wearing is about 90% compliant.

Crew is fantastic.  They are clearly working their tails off.

I think they are a little too aggressive with the upcharge items, still getting pestered for upgrades. 

Forgot to add, show was cancelled last night due to weather.  Ship was rocking heavily.  Not following the weather but seas have been very rough, I am sure some people are taking their motion sickness drugs.

Curious as to which elevators you are using? The elevators near the atrium car D was always slow but the other elevators worked much better.  There was never anyone using the glass elevator at the rear of the ship. Also, hardly anyone ever at the rear elevators close to the Art Gallery.

Totally agree. I just finished March 5 week on the Seashore and I am in disbelief that they could have such a poor ship

design. I would never want to be on that boat with full capacity. It was pretty bad and we had only 1700. Ridiculous pools. What were they thinking?! 

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Curious as to which elevators you are using? The elevators near the atrium car D was always slow but the other elevators worked much better.  There was never anyone using the glass elevator at the rear of the ship. Also, hardly anyone ever at the rear elevators close to the Art Gallery.

I think you are right.  Our room is right outside the back elevators and they are much better.

We have started to try to avoid the atrium bank.  It’s become an inside joke now… what car will it be?  Imagine that D!

23 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I think you are right.  Our room is right outside the back elevators and they are much better.

We have started to try to avoid the atrium bank.  It’s become an inside joke now… what car will it be?  Imagine that D!

It became a big joke with us also! Something wrong with elevator D near the atrium!  Everytime we had to use the elevator dh would so OH NO! Not car D! before it even told us what elevator!  

I had to check the title of this thread to make sure we were talking about the same ship. We were on the Feb 12 -19, 2022 sailing and had a wonderful time with the elevators. We had just 1000+ passengers that sailing. Approach the only ONE black elevator key pad for the deck one desires, one elevator, A, B,C or.D would immediately light up signaling it was on its way. One would then step away from this key pad and stand in front of the designated elevator to wait for its arrival. One stepped into (usually) empty elevator. Inside the elevator are only 3 buttons . <> (open). >< (close). alarm bell. No other buttons for children to press every floor. We had express every time. No stopping ,no  picking up others on the way up. What a change being reported here !!!??? We leave again on Seashore March 19,2022. Will report. Cruise Director Gene (now retired) said spring break cruises would be much busier. Rumor mill is reporting that bookings are now up 20% OVER pre-covid times, Happy Days are Here Again !

• Like 2

It just dawned on me. I think I have an answer to the elevators. This is only a guess??? While on the Seaside Yacht Club guests were privileged to use their key cards to over-ride the bank of elevators in the YC end of the ship and would wipe out and make their elevator express with all other passengers getting upset. Now these new elevators in the forward section of the Seashore are the same, without needing a key card. Just press a YC deck and 'voila' your express YC elevator.

P.S. If so, isn't YC just the best?

ps

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It just dawned on me. I think I have an answer to the elevators. This is only a guess??? While on the Seaside Yacht Club guests were privileged to use their key cards to over-ride the bank of elevators in the YC end of the ship and would wipe out and make their elevator express with all other passengers getting upset. Now these new elevators in the forward section of the Seashore are the same, without needing a key card. Just press a YC deck and 'voila' your express YC elevator.

Typically this is true.  However the front elevators are definitely more organized on this ship.  I think since the atrium is towards the middle/back of the ship that elevator bank gets overwhelmed.  

51 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

P.S. If so, isn't YC just the best?

I remember the YC elevators on Seaside as well. I tried it once just to see if it really worked. Never did it again... just didn't feel right screwing everybody already on the elevator. 

Will be in Seashore YC for the 3/19 sailing as well. 

4 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

Spring Break is the worst in Florida & the cruises at this time......its HELL w the kids & their parents/ families....

Better yet, to get a Yacht Club cabin and one does not have to fight as many Spring Breakers. Besides when one still enjoys working (in retirement) as a teacher, one has just two choices: go on a cruise or don't go on a cruise. We 'hide out' in the YC. On one Spring Break we had our butler save us two front row seats in the theatre. We were beaten every night by children racing past us to save all those seats for their tardy parents.

4 hours ago, fish_guru said:

just didn't feel right screwing everybody already on the elevator.

If I am correct about these 2 banks of elevators (4port/4 starboard, forward) it takes all the angst away and makes it automatic. Anyone getting in your elevator will be going to your YC deck, no numbers to push inside the elevator.

We are on this cruise as well. 

It’s an unmitigated nightmare. 

This is our first, and probably lady, MSC Cruise.

I understand spring break crowds, but MSC has no right to book this many people when they don’t have the staff to support it.

Overall the staff have been pleasant, and doing their best, but they have no hope of keeping up with 3,000 people on board.

I'm compiling a list of everything we’ve had problems with and will post when I’m done.  

Furious doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about this trip. 

27 minutes ago, DisneyTech said:

I understand spring break crowds, but MSC has no right to book this many people when they don’t have the staff to support it.

We were on the Feb 12-19 2022 sailing of the Seashore. (Yes, we are booked again in same cabin next week March 19 2022 sailing). Cruise Director Gene (now retired after that cruise) said we had 1000+ guests on board and that MSC had so many bookings for Spring Break to enjoy your own private yacht while on the Seashore right now. A butler told me the same thing, but then he qualified his remark by saying the numbers will never affect the Yacht Club guests. I will always recall the post of an irate poster having been on one of the first cruises of the then new Seaside staying in a cabin outside YC; "I could have spent a better week in my garage." It taught me to never book outside the YC. DW, who loves to cruise will never cruise outside the YC. Will report next week.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We were on the Feb 12-19 2022 sailing of the Seashore. (Yes, we are booked again in same cabin next week March 19 2022 sailing). Cruise Director Gene (now retired after that cruise) said we had 1000+ guests on board and that MSC had so many bookings for Spring Break to enjoy your own private yacht while on the Seashore right now. A butler told me the same thing, but then he qualified his remark by saying the numbers will never affect the Yacht Club guests. I will always recall the post of an irate poster having been on one of the first cruises of the then new Seaside staying in a cabin outside YC; "I could have spent a better week in my garage." It taught me to never book outside the YC. DW, who loves to cruise will never cruise outside the YC. Will report next week.

Who is the CD now that Gene retired?