Arcade-Harmony of the Seas

Hi all! We are going to be on Harmony soon for our spring break with kids ages 6 & 8. In the past we never spent $ in the cruise ship arcade, but I see in the cruise planner discounts on arcade credits. I think this would be a fun family activity so I think I’ll buy this.

Can anyone give me an idea about the per-game costs? If I bought a $50 credit (on sale for $40) or a $100 credit (on sale for $80), would that be sufficient for us to stop in the arcade a few times during the cruise? We wouldn’t allow the kids to be in the arcade without us, so I’m not worried about them running up a big bill-just trying to get a sense of how much mileage we would get out of a $50 or $100 credit. Thanks for any input!

We were on Harmony over our February break. My daughter enjoys playing games in the arcade after dinner. If I remember correctly most games cost $2.50. (Although some games may have cost less.) Occasionally, my husband and I would join her for a couple of games of air hockey or skee-ball. As you can imagine it adds up quickly if you go every night or spend a great deal of time there. We set a limit on our daughter’s card and we paid when we played as a family. As to whether $50 or $100 would be the better buy, I think that depends on how often you plan to frequent the arcade and how long you plan to spend there. (I myself find skee-ball rather addictive.) I’d probably spend the $80 myself. Whatever you decide, have fun! 

• Like 2

We went to both arcades (there’s two on Harmony if I remember correctly, a small one on Boardwalk and a larger one on Deck 15) a couple weeks ago on our sailing. Personally, I didn’t find them to be worth the cost, and we love arcades and visiting them on our cruises - yes at 26 and 30 you can also like arcade games! Lol We played a couple games, but at $2.50 per game, for two kids, you might want to watch how much they go through that credit you prepay if they hit up the arcade often. You may run through it quickly. However, do note that there are tons of other kid-friendly/family-friendly activities on Harmony (ice skating, escape room, slides, etc.) that are more fun and will probably keep you & kids occupied out of the arcade, so I’d probably personally go for the $50, that way if you end up needing to spend the remaining credit by the end of the cruise, you might be able to burn through it quickly instead of a larger amount left over. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is 20% off a pretty common discount on the pre-cruise planner? That's what's advertised now, with about 45 days before our sailing. This is the first time I've even noticed arcade credits are available for purchase. I don't imagine the discount will be any deeper. Just wondering if anyone recently got a deeper discount.

• 6 months later...

Anyone have any recent knowledge about how much games are these days?  Does $2.50 still seem accurate?  We'll be on SOTS in April, and I do realize the arcade is small, but for an almost 4 year old, he will LOVE it, especially skee-ball and air hockey (two of his favourites).  We're from Canada and right now the credits are $109.23 for $100, which isn't great, but not horrible either.