Soot issue back on Wonder of seas

baron9

On 11/30/2022 at 9:27 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Just returned from Wonder in an OS.  The layout for suite cabins is awesome compared to other Oasis class ships.  We have been in OS on Allure and Oasis and they are a walk to the Suite Sun Deck, Costal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.  We were in 1832 and were steps to the suite sun deck.  Yes, depending on the wind and speed of the ship we did get some soot, but it wasn't an everyday thing.  My main complaint about the new layout is  the entire sun deck is at the rear of deck 18 and is directly over the sport deck.  It's loud and the music from sun deck isn't in snyc with sports deck, you never know what you listen to.  This would be enough for us not to do the Wonder again and go back to the older configuration.  The elevators suck, you can wait a long time for one to come to 17 or 18.  We walked down several times.  Also going up the screens didn't show floors 17 or 18 on some elevators.  My observation is there are so many venues at the stern the elevators can't handle it.     

We had 1832, too!  It was a fantastic cabin, but we had soot for the WB TA last fall.  This was the first time in all my years of cruising that there has been soot on my balcony.  It was so incredibly disappointing.  As for the elevators, we were told to scan our SeaPass card next to the elevator banks in order to "call" an elevator for the 17 and 18th floors.  Sometimes we had to wait a few runs, but we did get it.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:24 PM, Jimbo said:

I actually think most of them are iced up because they can't defrost correctly because they are in a box.....Best thing to do when entering your cabin the first day is to unplug and open the door..........let it defrost, you might get a wet rug in front of it but it will cool much better after leaving it off for 12 hours and then plugging it back in.

I was told they are only coolers, not fridges.