Formal night gown

nicenspicy

Not to formal at all. You will see everything in the dining room from casual (some ppl just dont dress up at all) to full length ball gowns. As far as the price goes, that is up to your personal preference and comfort level. The only time I get to dress formal is on our cruises so i take full advantage of it. I just bought one of my gowns from Cache for almost $400. So if you like it go for it. and it is a pretty clasic style so hang onto it. You may be surpised when the oprintinity comes along to wear it again:D .

That is an absolutely beautiful dress. It will be one of the most formal dresses on the ship, but don't let that stop you. There will be others in ball gowns. As for price, although I normally look for bargains, it seems a fair price for the luxurious look of the gown. Kind of a once-in-a-lifetime dress! You will look like a princess.

There's no rule that says you cannot wear it on your next cruise also. I have a limited number of formal outfits and certainly repeat them on future cruises. It's beautiful and I wouldn't think of it as a one-time-use item. The price seems reasonable too.

If you are not in a hurry, you might keep an eye on e-bay for either the same dress or something similar. It seems there are always a lot of davids bridal dresses for sale there. Look in the bridesmaid dress section as well as the regular dress section. Remember to go by measurements not necessarily sizes. Good Luck

I agree with the go for it posts.

It is an awesome dress, and I don't think 180.00 is too much if you love it and it makes you feel great when you wear it. That is what formal night is about for me, getting dressed up and feeling special and lovely.

You should definitely plan to wear it again on another cruise, too.

Its a pretty dress. I'm more for finding a good bargain on a dress that I wont be able to wear often. I think you should look around some more before you make a decision. But it depends on your budget and when your cruising. Some times its better to wait. I some times regret all the money I have spent in the past on formal wear (h.s proms & pageants). They are just hanging in the closet, each dress only worn once. But whatever you do make sure your going to like the dress. Dillards has some really good sales going on right now b/c of the upcoming prom season. I bought my formal dress last Monday for only $40.00 there. Good luck!

I HAVE this dress! I LOVE this dress!!! I say get it. I can't wait to wear it on our cruise in August.

I have seen and tried on both the color options, and I went with the apple red. I researched the heck out of this style of dress. There are others who make very simular styles, but David's Bridal does have it the cheepest. That includes online. If you have time to spare, you can keep your eye on ebay. If you go through david's, just remember they quote a 6-8 week shipping time if they have to order the dress in. It usually comes in faster then that...but not always.

If you haven't tried it on yet, go do it...it will steal your heart. They had to make me take it off in the store.

I just love the gown! I definitely do not think it is too formal. I always wear gowns that are just as formal as that one. I feel so good when I do. It makes the evening feel magical.

If you look at my avitar, you can see my gown.

Here is a link to my thread whre I posted pictures from my last cruise. I wore very formal gowns. I always do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=268387

To keep it simple, enjoy the gown. You will feel great. You will look great. And that's what it's all about.;)

Linda

Archived