Viking Air Plus problem

Calgal

Vikking air has been a nightmare for us. We have spent hours and hours on hold. Saturday we check Delta and now we are double booked on first leg, after we have been ticketed.  Seems Delta canceled first flight add a new one. OK I will admit I//m picky where I sit. But now we have lost our seats and there are only a few seats left mostly singles. If this wasn't a bucket list trip I would canceled the whole thing.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, beauty1492 said:

Vikking air has been a nightmare for us. We have spent hours and hours on hold. Saturday we check Delta and now we are double booked on first leg, after we have been ticketed.  Seems Delta canceled first flight add a new one. OK I will admit I//m picky where I sit. But now we have lost our seats and there are only a few seats left mostly singles. If this wasn't a bucket list trip I would canceled the whole thing.

You are sure that you have been ticketed (you have the 13 digit ticket number ) ,right ? 
Since your original first segment was cancelled by the airline you can’t be double booked . If both segments show up when you look on delta.com, then that means you haven’t been re ticketed with the new option  and you might want to check with Viking and/or Delta .

With regards to the seats, since I think this is for your June trip (correct?) you have time to keep looking to improve your seating. I would keep checking on delta.com. Remember that upgrades are done for those that have requested them, between 72-24 hours before the flight and that would open up economy seat assignments .Just don’t check in before looking one more time if you haven’t gotten seats together before that time. once you check in , you can’t change your seat assignments until the airport. And remember, better a lousy seat assignment than no seat assignment at all 😏

• Like 1

I was getting very frustrated too, trying to set Viking Plus route for our Great Lakes cruise this summer. We want to go in a day early, but at the end we want to spend a few days in Toronto, which is the airport we would be flying through from Thunder Bay to get home anyway.  Four calls resulted in conflicting answers (no, yes, no, yes - we’ll get back to you, but never did). I spent a total of about 3 hours on the phone, and that was after my TA said he was unable to get them to budge regarding our wishes.

This morning I did as someone on this thread suggested and asked for a supervisor in the US.  I got Treva on the line, and she was a gem!  Listened to my needs, took the time to make the arrangements work for us, though they required her to go up another level for approvals, and even called back after we had finished and hung up, because she found something that will work even better for us AND save us money.

This one lady took my deteriorating view of Viking and turned it into a positive. This is our first Viking cruise, and I was beginning to think it was an expensive mistake, but now that I’m learning the ropes, and with employees like Treva, Viking will become a favorite cruise line, I am certain.

Edited by TKS
Typo
  • Like 3