Rumours tonight

tottenhamfc

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, we can agree to disagree. I actually don't think that we are that far apart on the concept of the changes that need to be made, just the speed with which they take place.

But there is nothing within the current mandates that prevents you from seeing people and hugging and kissing your children and grandchildren. We too are in our mid-70's and would love to go on a cruise with no tests, masks or possibility of being quarantined, and believe that day will come in the not too distant future. In the mean time, we are enjoying life within the actual rules. Isolating ourselves in the country was never an available option for us, but even if it had been, we would not have made that choice.

Don’t get me wrong, it was not that much of hardship.  We have a lovely home on Georgian Bay with two large dogs and a horse we board down the road.  Much, much preferable to living back in Toronto.  The family loves to visit, but up until recently, they were very concerned for us, as my husband is high risk and they were afraid of bringing something with them. Covid was running rampant in Toronto for such a long time.  Very few Covid cases here and the residents of our town certainly did not want folks from Toronto coming here for a visit.  Isolating here is considered a luxury to many people and we’re grateful that we can do that. We will finally get our cruise in September and I’m betting very few, if any restrictions will still be in place.  My fingers are crossed, but we’ll still go regardless.

• Like 1