Which specialty restaurant?

KatieBug28

Hi all,

We've never done specialty dining before and are considering giving it a try this cruise. So I wanted to ask, if you could only do one specialty restaurant, which one would you choose, and what would you order? (Or feel free to share favorite dishes from several)

Bit of background: we're on the Panorama, so we have quite a few options. We often eat lunch in JiJi and Cucina, but have never done the dinner service. I believe our other options are Bonsai Tempanyaki, the steakhouse, and sushi. We've mostly never bothered in the past because we like all these types of food and have great options for them at home for a better price. So there's no real "this is your only chance" situation. But thinking it might be fun to try something new this time around!

Jijis.  (If you like Asian food) Hands down!  I was on Panorama last month… one of the best meals I’ve ever had, anywhere. Their  Lunch is nothing like the their dinner .  Ill be on Horizon in July , already have it booked for two dinners!! I’ve also had the Italian and Teppanyaki, both good 

• Like 1

Since you are on a ship with Jiji's I would go for that. It's only on a few ships. We thought about it a few times on my Vista cruise a few weeks ago but all the times we wanted were booked up, so I would say book early. Teppanyaki would be a good option if you want some entertainment with your meal, but again it fills up so book early. 

We never do the extra charge specialty dining either. But on our Horizon cruise last month we decided to do two of them, JiJi’s Asian and Cucina Del Capitano. The Italian was very good but JiJi’s was far superior. We had the braised duck and steamed dumplings for appetizers and were blown away. I’ve never eaten duck but it was tender and very well seasoned. And the dumplings were filled with a really tasty liquid. The wagyu beef short ribs, stewed pork and Singapore chili shrimp were excellent. I really liked how they served it family style so we could all share. And the portions were huge. They kept bringing out extra stuff not on the menu for us to try and it was all very tasty. On our next cruise we all agreed to do JiJi’s twice. 

For a couple's dinner, I'd go with the Steakhouse.   Have a 555 cocktail, which is delicious, if you drink alcoholic beverages, too!  The presentation of the entire meal is nicely done, and the steaks are far better than MDR and rival some of the upscale land based restaurants.  The cheesecake dessert is marvelous as well.   A dinner for two will run you 76 dollars, plus your drinks, which is what we would pay for one entree in the city of that quality.  

5 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

For a couple's dinner, I'd go with the Steakhouse.   Have a 555 cocktail, which is delicious, if you drink alcoholic beverages, too!  The presentation of the entire meal is nicely done, and the steaks are far better than MDR and rival some of the upscale land based restaurants.  The cheesecake dessert is marvelous as well.   A dinner for two will run you 76 dollars, plus your drinks, which is what we would pay for one entree in the city of that quality.  

^^^^^This! I totally AGREE. A most pleasant eating experience. 👍