Shore excursion waitlist

JKCRUISES

3 hours ago, JKCRUISES said:

1sr time on Viking. The shore excursion we wanted is sold out. Does Viking do waitlist on  paid shore excursions?

No waitlist, but when you get onboard, go to the excursion desk, tell them what excursions you would like and they usually, eventually, can help you out. Keep checking back for cancellations. 

• Like 1

Keep going on My Viking Journey. We originally found that a perfume excursion was the only one for our stop in Monte Carlo.  Then, recently, the excursion of the Rothschild Villa opened up which was what we wanted.

When an excursion that I want is sold out, I e-mail VIking at tellus@vikingcruises.com to tell them how utterly disappointed I am that the excursion I so wanted is sold out and to ask if they will be adding more spaces. I figure that at least they will  know that there is more demand. Sometimes they can add add another guide or two and other times they can't but at least I tried.

In the meantime, I keep checking on MVJ because people change their minds or have to cancel the cruise last minute.  Viking does not have a wait list, so at this point it is first come, first served. If you find only one seat on a tour, grab it (*unless it is day 2 of the cruise) and keep looking for the second; it is easier (but not guaranteed) to add a second seat once you board.

Last bit of information. Advanced booking for shorex and dining closes 7 days in advance of Day 1 of the cruise. After that point, you cannot make changes until you board the ship.

* not Day 2 because by the time you board, it is too late to cancel the shorex if you don't get the second seat. Shorex must be cancelled 36 hours in advance. If the tour you are looking at is Day 2, the decision making is a bit more complicated. You have to think about whether you would be happy if just one of you went or else have to cancel the one seat before the 7 day cut-off mentioned above.

• Like 1