Any success using hotspot with unlimited internet?

cruisingram1

I have a hotspot on my iphone. Can I turn it on and give access to my ipad if I have unlimited Medallionet? I know I can log out of my phone and log into ipad, but it would be easier to log on using a hotpsot and skip the logging out part. Thanks for input from those who have tried.

Actually, my husband did this. He had his phone (we have android) on the ship/s wifi, then would turn the hotspot on and connect his laptop to it. It worked well when he was trying to get some work done on a sea day.

I don't believe the iPhone's hotspot feature will work with Wi-Fi sharing.  Only works with cellular wireless.  That could have changed but that's the way it was a while back.  I have an Android phone (Google Pixel 4a) and it works great sharing Wi-Fi. 

Wow...I was surprised when I started looking for info on this.  I guess this is (another) time that I'm glad I have Android!

From support.apple.com:

Share your internet connection from iPhone

You can use Personal Hotspot to share a cellular internet connection from your iPhone to other devices. Personal Hotspot is useful when the other devices don’t have internet access from a Wi-Fi network.

Note: Personal Hotspot is not available with all carriers. Additional fees may apply. The number of devices that can join your Personal Hotspot at one time depends on your carrier and iPhone model. Contact your carrier for more information.